CD 25D waterlift muffler again.... help

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Bob

CD 25D waterlift muffler again.... help

Post by Bob »

Thanks to all that replied to my last post regarding waterlift muffler... I have been working with Centek Industries to resolve my problem... if there are any 25D owners that have access to their boats at this time of year.... I would appreciate it if they could measure the size of their muffler.... Dia. and height..... or even a digital photo as well would be great.... seems when my muffler was replaced.... the replacement size may not have been the correct size... Centek is also saying that my Yanmar 1GM 6.5 H.P. should be pumping 2 to 3 gallons of raw water per minute at max. rpm.... any help regarding original equipment of muffler and water pump would be greatly appreciated... Bob "Feather" Palm Harbor Fl
Lee Hodsdon

25d Water lift

Post by Lee Hodsdon »

LOKI is in the back yard. Westerbeke 10-2, but I'll get the dimensions for you tomorrow. Should be a balmy 12 F, but Frosty sailing on Sunday!!!

Lee

P.S. Spelchek is a nice feature
Daniel VanWinkle
Toms River, NJ

Post by Daniel VanWinkle »

Hi Paul,

Some time ago I spend hours on the computer trying to find a replacement muffler for my 25D. Didn't talk to Cetek but could not find my muffler in their online catalog. I ended up keeping my old one but in the end I did find a picture of one in a Mack Boring catalog. You might want to check with them to see if they still carry it. There number here in NJ is908-964-0700. They have been very helpful. dvw