Printing Threads--a great feature of the new board.

Discussion about how to use this board's software features and the CDSOA's website in general

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Bill Goldsmith

Printing Threads--a great feature of the new board.

Post by Bill Goldsmith »

I just took a look at a couple of lengthy threads (jacklines and handlheld vhf's) and decided to print them and read later offline. On the old board each new message had to be printed separately unless the new poster retained the previous message. With the new format, you can print an entire thread with just a couple of clicks (dependng on how many board pages the thread uses).

I just threw the printouts in my briefcase to read later on the commuter train. Nice.
Zeida Cecilia-Mendez

Printing Threads

Post by Zeida Cecilia-Mendez »

This is indeed a very nice feature... ! Slowly but surely, we will find the new board useful. I miss not seeing some of the old familiar faces -ehr...names posting comments. Let's hope they come back.
Zeida
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Re: Printing Threads

Post by winthrop fisher »

Hi... :) not everone is getting in here as on the other board, its not that hard, give them time, may be they will miss us.
winthrop
Zeida Cecilia-Mendez wrote:This is indeed a very nice feature... ! Slowly but surely, we will find the new board useful. I miss not seeing some of the old familiar faces -ehr...names posting comments. Let's hope they come back.
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Re: Printing Threads--a great feature of the new board.

Hi Bill.. what are you talking about on lengthy threads.
they are only talk, i don't understand how you can say that.
winthrop
Bill Goldsmith wrote:I just took a look at a couple of lengthy threads (jacklines and handlheld vhf's) and decided to print them and read later offline. On the old board each new message had to be printed separately unless the new poster retained the previous message. With the new format, you can print an entire thread with just a couple of clicks (dependng on how many board pages the thread uses).

I just threw the printouts in my briefcase to read later on the commuter train. Nice.
Bill Goldsmith

Post by Bill Goldsmith »

winthrop fisher wrote:Hi Bill.. what are you talking about on lengthy threads.
winthrop
Hi winthrop,

I was referring to threads (a series of messages on the same topic) that have many messages and/or many words in certain messages that I don't have time to read and consider during the day. (i.e. see John R's great review on handheld VHFs). I have printed them and put the copy in my briefcase to read while I sit on the commuter train on the way home. Printing a whole thread of messages is WAY easier on the new format.

By the way, I read your posts about being banned. I cannot imagine that anything you have written would cause the Webmasters to do that. Your posts are funny, informative and give us all a great sense of the adventures you've had on your CD. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll get used to the new format. We certainly do not want to lose you.

Bill
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Bill Goldsmith wrote:
winthrop
Hi winthrop,

I was referring to threads (a series of messages on the same topic) that have many messages and/or many words in certain messages that I don't have time to read and consider during the day. (i.e. see John R's great review on handheld VHFs). I have printed them and put the copy in my briefcase to read while I sit on the commuter train on the way home. Printing a whole thread of messages is WAY easier on the new format.

By the way, I read your posts about being banned. I cannot imagine that anything you have written would cause the Webmasters to do that. Your posts are funny, informative and give us all a great sense of the adventures you've had on your CD. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll get used to the new format. We certainly do not want to lose you.

Bill

hi bill...
sorry its been a long day, i need to get off this computer.
how was the train home ?
do you live in new york ?
thanks, and have a nice sailing season.
sorry again. winthrop
Bob L

Post by Bob L »

Bill speaks for many of us, Winthrop. I enjoy reading your posts, and particularly when you write of your adventures.

Bob
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: We've not banned anybody...

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Bill,

You're right. We have not banned anybody. As a matter of fact, we have NEVER banned anbody from the use of this or our old board -- at least I can't remember banning anyone. We've made complaints to the ISP's of a few people, but nobody has ever been banned and certainly not Winthrop. If he had been banned he would not have been able to post his messages in this thread.
Bill Goldsmith wrote:
winthrop
Hi winthrop,

Bill
So something weird was going on with the board when he ran into difficulties. Please contact the board administrators (Cathy Monaghan or Walt Bilofsky) via e-mail if you have a problem. And please try to be as specific as possible when reporting problems. We'll try our best to figure out what's going on and to find a solution. But the board is new to us too, so it could take awhile.

Thanks,
Cathy
CDSOA Webmaster
c_m_monaghan at comcast dot net
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

cathy and walt and everone on the board

:) :) yes, we are one big happy family, thanks winthrop :wink: :wink:

Cathy Monaghan wrote:Bill,

You're right. We have not banned anybody. As a matter of fact, we have NEVER banned anbody from the use of this or our old board -- at least I can't remember banning anyone. We've made complaints to the ISP's of a few people, but nobody has ever been banned and certainly not Winthrop. If he had been banned he would not have been able to post his messages in this thread.
Bill Goldsmith wrote:
winthrop
Hi winthrop,

Bill
So something weird was going on with the board when he ran into difficulties. Please contact the board administrators (Cathy Monaghan or Walt Bilofsky) via e-mail if you have a problem. And please try to be as specific as possible when reporting problems. We'll try our best to figure out what's going on and to find a solution. But the board is new to us too, so it could take awhile.

Thanks,
Cathy
CDSOA Webmaster
c_m_monaghan at comcast dot net