1980 Cape Dory 30C Mainsheet Traveler Car

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Eddie

1980 Cape Dory 30C Mainsheet Traveler Car

Post by Eddie »

This is my first time posting on this website. My Cape Dory 30C is located on the northeastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. I’ve owned it for a little less than three years. Does anyone know the name of the manufacturer of the main sheet traveler system for my boat? It appears to be original. The traveler cars that hold the main sheet in place are square shaped and have a pin with a round top that lifts up allowing the car to slide to either side to lock the main sail in place. One of my cars is missing its pin. I’ve had zero success finding a replacement online or any where else. Perhaps someone in our community has had this same problem and can help me find what I need. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Edward English
Attachments
IMG_3204.jpeg
Jim Walsh

Re: 1980 Cape Dory 30C Mainsheet Traveler Car

Post by Jim Walsh »

Those pin stops are Nicro Fico (NF 586X), which closed shop years ago. It’s rumored that a Ronstan series 22 traveler car stop will fit the Nicro Fico track but that is just a rumor, I’ve never tried the fit personally.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Skipd

Re: 1980 Cape Dory 30C Mainsheet Traveler Car

Post by Skipd »

Check out the “Looking for…” post just a few previous to this one.

I’m in communique with the fellow who posted that as I have 2 of the stops you’re both looking for. Am not certain yet if I want to give them up.

I did modify my 1985 30B (same traveller), details are in the “Looking for…” post. Ronstan series 19 components fit the 3/4” Nico Fico traveller.

As a possibility, let me check with the other fellow, he might get by with one which would leave the other.

Thx

Skip