1983 CD25D For Sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
tmcclarren

1983 CD25D For Sale

Post by tmcclarren »

AGAPÉ

1983 Cape Dory 25D Hull #130

I bought this boat in Connecticut in November of 2022. I promised myself that I would give sailing another try before my health kept me from doing so. I promised myself and the Mrs. I would take two years to do so and that window is coming to a close. My health is such that I realize that I can no longer do what I once did.
I had this boat trucked to Solomons MD. This is my second Cape Dory 25D. I love this boat and am reluctantly selling her. The previous owner was responsible for most of the cosmetic improvements. When he bought her he had the mast removed, put her inside. Just some of the work he had done is:
Removed all the stanchions, removed any rot and reglassed, repainted and new non-skid all around. They re-bedded all fittings that were removed. While the boat was in the shed he removed the engine and took it to a certified Yanmar repair shop in Oriental NC and had it rebuilt. Top sides received four coats of primer and 5 coats of Axelseal paint. I have documentation for all this work and the work I have done. Cedar Island Marine in CT did the work on the boat when the previous owner had her.

This is not a project boat and is likely one of the best examples of a 25D on the East Coast. Prior to my purchase, she was kept inside every winter for 5 years.

Some of the work that has been done here in Solomons by Zimmerman Marine.

~ standing rigging replaced and professionally tuned
~ 2 new flooded batteries replaced
~ new three blade Campbelll Marine prop w/ PropSpeed
~ new 1 inch stainless steel shaft
~ new stuffing box hose and clamps
~ new cutlas bearing installed
~ new shaft coupler
~ Quantum Sails Sail Pack and lazy jacks (2024)

I have all the service records for this yacht dating back to 2016.

Agapé has been professionally maintained and serviced to a very high standard and ABYC standards
Last edited by tmcclarren on Aug 19th, '24, 07:32, edited 3 times in total.
Catnap

Re: 1983 CD25D For Sale

Post by Catnap »

Good morning. What is your asking price for Agape’?
tmcclarren

Re: 1983 CD25D For Sale

Post by tmcclarren »

I am asking $19,000 OBO.