considering a Cape Dory project boat

Discussion about how to use this board's software features and the CDSOA's website in general

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Darren

considering a Cape Dory project boat

Post by Darren »

IMG_6955.jpeg

Hi anyone who can help,
I'm considering a Cape Dory freebie project boat but having a little trouble identifying it. I tried to post a pic here above but not sure it's showing up. The issue I'm having is that all else seems and looks like an either 23' or up to a 25' Cape Dory but I haven't found one in images anywhere that has three equal ovalish windows like this one. Everything else seems to line up exact though.
Any suggestions?
Thanks so much
Darren
Attachments
IMG_6955.jpeg
IMG_6955.jpeg
IMG_6955.jpeg
IMG_6955.jpeg
IMG_6955.jpeg
IMG_6955.jpeg
Darren

Re: considering a Cape Dory project boat

Post by Darren »

Well. It looks like I accidentally posted several of the same pic. Here are some more if anyone can help me identify it.
Also, I searched for a VIN or HIN and there are no plates on the boat. I just pumped out the rain water today and jacked it up so it's vertical and not further crushing the hull.

here's some more pics for the purpose of identifying her:
Attachments
IMG_6946.jpeg
IMG_6949.jpeg
IMG_6948.jpeg
IMG_6987.jpeg
IMG_6995.jpeg
IMG_7006.jpeg
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

That is not a Cape Dory. Without the VIN it’s not going to be easy to pinpoint the make and model. The close-up picture of the cove stripe is the only hint. Since it was painted the paint may be making the VIN illegible, if in fact it ever had one, since the year of manufacture was not mentioned. If it exists it would be on the starboard side of the upper stern.
The cove stripe looks vaguely like a Seafarer.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Darren

Post by Darren »

Thank you Jim! It took me a while to find it exactly but I'm pretty sure you're right that it's specifically a Seafarer Kestrel 23 and a version that was only made for a few years. I was having a hard time reconciling that stripe on the side as well as the windows and a few other features. I think you saved me many hours searching for this. Definitely a less intriguing 'project' so I'll have to think on this one. Darren