2024 NE Fleet Maine Cruise 8/4-8/8

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

fmueller

2024 NE Fleet Maine Cruise 8/4-8/8

Post by fmueller »

Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
Carl Thunberg

Re: 2024 NE Fleet Maine Cruise 8/4-8/8

Post by Carl Thunberg »

The Maine Cruise is just over a month away. We will be cruising the central Penobscot Bay Islands and Merchants Row, some of the prettiest parts of the Maine Coast. Get those registrations in!
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

We have five boats registered so far. Will yours be next?

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

We have nine boats registered so far. For those who are on Facebook, the event description and registration links have been posted on the Cape Dory Fans and Cape Dory Trawlers Facebook groups. Just trying to get the word out to the widest audience possible.

Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

2024 NE Fleet Maine Cruise Photos

Post by Carl Thunberg »

We are back from the Maine Cruise. It was a great cruise and we re-connected with some old friends and made some new ones! Here are a few of the many photos taken during the cruise, The first is of the opening dinner in Rockland. Beginning on the left side of the table going clockwise were Bob and Anna Emmons, Carl Thunberg, Sarah Ruef-Lindquist, Annie Dexter, Greg and Jennifer Luecke (cruise Directors), Bob Dexter, June and Andy Brown, and Ellen and Paul DeOrsay. Kathy Thunberg is behind the camera. Click on the photo and it will rotate so up is up.

The second photo is the sailboat fleet at anchor at low tide between Bold, Devil, and Hell's Half Acre Islands in Merchants Row. No one hit the rock which is awash at high tide.

The third photo is of Hell's Half Acre Island.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Here are some more photos. The first is photo of CD36 Flybridge Southerly right at sunset. The second is a gathering on-board Southerly at Bold and Devil Islands. From left to right are June Brown, Kathy Thunberg, Annie Dexter, Jennifer and Greg Luecke, Bob Dexter, and Andy Brown. Carl Thunberg is behind the camera.

The third is of Ellen and Paul Deorsay on CD30K Antares.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Here are some photos of people on-board their boats. The first is Gianluca Menehello on board CD25 Rahoon Dancer. Second is Bob and Anna Emmons and their dog on-board Gozzard 36 Savannah. Third is Bob and Annie Dexter on-board CD27 Widgeon.

Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Here are some more photos. The first is Greg and Jennifer Luecke on board CD30K Oceans Poem. Greg and Jennifer were our cruise organizers this year, and we are grateful for their efforts!

The second is the Fleet at anchor at McGlathery Island.

The third is a gathering on board CD30K Ocean's Poem in Pulpit Harbor, North Haven.

Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

In case anyone thought we only anchored and party, here are some boats under sail. Sorry, we weren't able to photograph them all.

Starting with the CD30Ks, the first and second photos are of Paul and Ellen DeOrsay on Antares entering Fox Islands Thorofare. They are the ones with tanbark sails. The second is CD30K Oceans Poem under sail in Muscle Ridge Channel.

The third is of Bob and Annie Dexter on board CD27 Widgeon motor sailing en-route to Tenants Harbor via Two Bush Channel.

Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Here are the last three. The first is CD28 Cruiser Loon under way en-route to McGlathery Island.

The second is of Tenants Harbor near sunset where we held our closing dinner. We didn't think to take any photos of the closing dinner.

The third is going back to Pulpit Harbor at night. The moon perfectly blends in with the anchor lights.

Sir Isaac Newton
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like a good time.
Jeff