Carl Thunberg elected CDSOA Commodore

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

fmueller

Carl Thunberg elected CDSOA Commodore

Post by fmueller »

Yesterday at the Cape Dory Annual Meeting held by Zoom, Carl Thunberg was elected CDSOA Commodore. Also John Arsenault continues as an officer in a position now as Secretary/Treasurer, Retiring Commodore Fred Mueller assumes a new roll as Information Officer, and John Stone was elected to Director at Large.

Congratulation to all !!

Additionally, a new set of bylaws for our recently reconstituted incorporation status were adopted.

Thanks to all who attended.

The Zoom event can be viewed here:

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/ARHto ... OyjV8KwU5y?

Passcode: BM1gr=2Y

The new bylaws can be reviewed here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zbmuvmfs ... 94yry&dl=0
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
Carl Thunberg

Re: Carl Thunberg elected CDSOA Commodore

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Thank you, Fred and thank you all who were present at our first virtual Annual Meeting last night. I don't know how many people know this, but Fred with help from others, basically resurrected CDSOA from the brink of extinction. I inherit the office of Commodore with CDSOA in good financial and legal shape, with new articles of incorporation and a new set of bylaws because Fred did the heavy lifting to get us there. We all owe Fred a debt of gratitude.

One of my goals is to visit all the Fleets at some point. It won't all be in year one. The other is to communicate member value in terms membership dollars being spent to the benefit of our members. This Board and the Club Express site are the more visible ones, but that doesn't tell the whole story.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
LSD87

Post by LSD87 »

Yes, many thanks to Fred. Also my congratulations to Carl, John and John. People like me are the beneficiaries of all your hard work. I know you all put in many hours for the group. Your dedication and sacrifices are appreciated. Thank you all for doing a wonderful job.
Steve Dawson
CD22
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

Congratulations to the new officers and thank you all for keeping this group going!
Jeff
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Is there any validity to the rumor that the behind the scenes electioneering included a promise of “a lobster in every pot” prior to the vote for Commodore being cast? Inquiring minds want to know…
I wish all the new officers well and appreciate them taking on the various challenges in support of this deserving organization.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time