How to Build New Winch Pads

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

tvangilder

Re: How to Build New Winch Pads

Post by tvangilder »

I will do that. I do have a spare pair of Murray MW-6's if you are looking.... and I know of a pair of MW-8 two speeds at a very reasonable cost.

By the way, I am organizing a CDOA chesapeake fleet rendezvous May 10-12 (2024) at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime museum in St Michaels, MD. I know it is quite a bit north for you, but If you had any interest in coming, there will be a CD 45 present, In case you ever wanted to see one in person. I know I am looking forward to seeing her.

And if you could make it, I would love to See "Far Reach" in person

-Thad Van Gilder
CD36 #53 "Nirvana"
Thad Van Gilder
CD36 #53 "NIrvana"
Home Port: Rock Hall, Md
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Thad, thanks for the offer on the winches but I think that ship already sailed after the time and effort snd expense of our current set up. Ten years ago during the rebuild would have been a different story perhaps.

I can't make that rendezvous. I think that's the weekend my son graduates from UNCW...god willing. As soon as the ceremony is over however I plan to sail north. One of the options has us sailing up the Chesapeake towards New England. The other is to head offshore.
So maybe we can still linkup with some other CD sailors at some point.
tvangilder

Post by tvangilder »

I hope so! Congrats to your son!
Thad Van Gilder
CD36 #53 "NIrvana"
Home Port: Rock Hall, Md
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Oh he has not graduated yet! There is a still a lot that can go wrong. :roll: He is on the five year program. But he knows this is it.
As I said to him in September, "The money runs out this May. After that I am happy for you to stay in college as long as you like, but you're paying for it." Thank goodness my daughter graduated last year on time with honors.