Cape Dory 10 – Hull #1539 – For Sale in Richmond, VA

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
mashenden
Location: "Nautica" CD-36 #84, Ty-K #83, & CD-10 #1539 in Urbanna, VA. 4 other Tys in past

Cape Dory 10 – Hull #1539 – For Sale in Richmond, VA

Post by mashenden »

Boat (HIN 1539), sail, spars, rudder, centerboard, oars, and galvanized trailer.

Recent improvements:
• The transom was taken completely apart and repaired with marine ply and epoxy. It is now better than original.
• Rub rails replaced – Used teak wood. Sealed with Sikkens Cetol.
• New sail and sail bag (pics are with old sail). Used only 4 or 5 times.
• Trailer bearings replaced and lights repaired

The Sunbrella cover that has been used on the boat for the past 14 years gave up the ghost when getting the boat ready for market. It is only good to use as a pattern to make a new one. The design uses the spars for support, has a vent, and works well whether the boat is on the trailer or in the water.

From the Cape Dory forum webpage; “One of the original Cape Dorys ... a sturdy, versatile, fun-filled boat that is a joy to sail. A rugged boat that appeals to many sailors as an ideal tender. The Cape Dory 10 is an excellent example of traditional and functional design accomplished with modern materials. She has a rugged fiberglass hull, solid teak gunwales and seats, trimmed with bronze hardware, to make the Cape Dory 10 durable and carefree. She is a sound boat and a sound value. In addition to the rudder and tiller, adjustable centerboard, she comes with a striped sail and a simple gunter rig as standard. The Cape Dory 10 ... a great boat to start with and still going strong.”

Boat Specs:
• 1970s era.
• LOA: 10’ 6”
• Beam: 49”
• Draft: 5” up, 24” down
• Hull weight: 150 lbs
• Sail area: 68 sq ft

This boat is a fine example of the CD-10. What was not properly maintained over the years has been repaired or replaced. I bought her about 14 years ago as a dingy for my CD-36, which I have now sold, so now I need to shift focus to getting my Ty Daysailer in shape.

This boat is ready to use and enjoy!!

Price: $1,400 (Located in Richmond, VA)

Matt Ashenden 804-514-3926
Attachments
Pic 005.JPG
Pic 005.JPG (2.24 MiB) Viewed 455 times
Pic 002.jpg
Pic 002.jpg (6.65 MiB) Viewed 455 times
Pic 001.jpg
Pic 001.jpg (7.89 MiB) Viewed 455 times
Matt Ashenden
- I used to like boating and fixing stuff, then I bought a couple of boats and now I just fix stuff :)

Oh, and please check out my webpage... http://VaRivah.com