asym spinnaker

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

kenlury001

asym spinnaker

Post by kenlury001 »

I have just ordered an asym for my Typhoon weekender. Does anyone have measurements for sheet and tack line length ?
PortTack

Re: asym spinnaker

Post by PortTack »

Interesting - keep me/us posted on how it goes! I'm curious about getting an asymmetrical for our typhoon, but I'm not sure how it would/should be rigged. What do you do with the tack or the asym? How do you rig it forward of the roller furler drum? Anyone have any pictures of their own setups?
sloopjohnl

Post by sloopjohnl »

see thread below "Typhoon rigging"
kenlury001

Post by kenlury001 »

PortTack wrote:Interesting - keep me/us posted on how it goes! I'm curious about getting an asymmetrical for our typhoon, but I'm not sure how it would/should be rigged. What do you do with the tack or the asym? How do you rig it forward of the roller furler drum? Anyone have any pictures of their own setups?
I rigged a small block just forward of the forestay attachment. This is for the tack line. Tack line will run from tack of sail, through the block and back to cabin mounted cam cleat.
When rigging the tack line to the sail, make sure everything runs outside of bow pulpit, shrouds and life lines.