Defender’s Warehouse update

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

gonesail

Re: Defender’s Warehouse update

Post by gonesail »

surprisingly I bought varnish from West Marine and the price at Amazon was the same .. so no price matching. The price is totally ridiculous compared to 2 years ago. So it goes.
s2sailorlis

Post by s2sailorlis »

well they've lost information on all my prior orders. it's a mess. it will be interesting to see where this goes but I suspect they'll never have the sales they've had in the past. they know they can keep prices high, as will West. Might be wrong but...time will tell!

Cathy Monaghan wrote:
John Stone wrote:Just ordered some varnish. Price was good. Painful using the website. They did not charge me a hazmat fee though like JD has in the past. Interesting to see how it goes.
I don’t like their new web site at all.

- Cathy

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing
appletim1

Post by appletim1 »

Was at Defender on Friday, and stuck my head into the renovated showroom. There is a new polished tile floor and the footprint has been reduced by nearly half, with the large section for line and other cut goods removed.
appletim1

Post by appletim1 »

Undercover photo of Defender prior to opening new showroom. Was told by 2 employees, they are awaiting finalization of municipal permitting and installation of POS system and therefore at least 2 weeks out.