25 D in Connecticut

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Brimag

25 D in Connecticut

Post by Brimag »

s2sailorlis

Re: 25 D in Connecticut

Post by s2sailorlis »

Overpriced unless standing/running rigging and sails are newer. 38 y/o Diesel engine with an unknown service record. Looks Bristol though!

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing
tmcclarren

Post by tmcclarren »

I bought this boat last year. The previous owner had documentation for everything he did to the boat at Cedar Island Marina. Entire deck, hardware, stantions etc. were removed and any soft spot were opened up and and repaired. New fiberglass, gelcoat and no-skid done professionally and everything was rebedded. It is dry as a bone down below. He removed the 1GM and took it to NC and had it rebuilt. All documentation provided. He had the yard repaint the topsides. Cosmetically this is one fine yacht. Now it is my turn. All new running gear from the trans flange back to the prop. Neglected seacocks either lapped and greased or replaced. The mast is next on my list. Sails are two years old.
Rig need some tweaking but is manageable. This is my second 25D and I am very happy. Come on spring!
Brimag

Post by Brimag »

Congratulations, nice to see these boats get the love they deserve!! Also getting launch fever ..
gonesail

Post by gonesail »

i looked at one of these way back a long time ago. i was impressed with the forward head and standing headroom for most people. but alas .. she was a bit small for me at the time :roll: