2023 NE Fleet Cabin Fever Lunch - Save the Date

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Carl Thunberg

2023 NE Fleet Cabin Fever Lunch - Save the Date

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Save the Date! The Northeast Fleet Cabin Fever Lunch will be on March 11, 2023. The event will be held at the usual location, which is Newick's Lobster House in Dover, New Hampshire. There will be a brief presentation by Fred Mueller, our Fleet Captain and Commodore, a speaker, and of course a raffle for fabulous items from the CDSOA Chandlery.

This is also a call for speakers. If you are interested in presenting a topic that may be of interest, please contact me by PM.

More details and how to register will be provided after the Northeast Fleet Winter Meeting at Flanders Fish Market in East Lyme, CT on January 28th.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Re: 2023 NE Fleet Cabin Fever Lunch - Save the Date

Post by Carl Thunberg »

To "register" just send me an email. See the flyer below, which has also been posted on the Cape Dory Friends FB page. For this event, we order off the menu, so there is no cost to attend. Just the cost of whatever you order. Newick's will need a head-count, so they can plan.

We could still use a speaker. I know there are lots of great speakers among this group!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
fmueller

Post by fmueller »

With the opening of our new web page, this event can be registered for online ...

https://capedorysoa.org/content.aspx?pa ... ate_id=255
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

fmueller wrote:With the opening of our new web page, this event can be registered for online ...

https://capedorysoa.org/content.aspx?pa ... ate_id=255
I just registered online. The process was painless and worked flawlessly. Thanks, Fred.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
LSD87

Post by LSD87 »

Just registered online too and received an email confirm. Nice! See everyone there.
Steve Dawson
CD22
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

To give a little teaser, we will present a slideshow of all our Northeast Fleet on-the-water events in summer 2022. You will see some familiar faces in the slides, but only if you come. Here are a few slides from the PowerPoint presentation to whet your appetite. The first is the opening slide presenting all our events in 2022. The second is from the Snow Island anchorage on the Maine Cruise. The third is from the Narragansett Bay mini-cruise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

And here are a couple more. The first is the Eastern Long Island Float-in. The second is the Western Long Island North Shore Float-in.

Sir Isaac Newton
Bob Lascelles

Post by Bob Lascelles »

Carl, great pictures, can’t wait to see the rest of the presentation. Only one week before the Cabin Fever Lunch. Registration was quick an easy. Looking forward to seeing everyone and to enjoying a beer and some great Newick’s seafood. The 2023 season is just around the corner!

All the best,
Bob
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

I hope to see you at the Cabin Fever Lunch tomorrow! If you didn't get a chance to register, don't let that deter you from coming. It was just to get a head-count for the restaurant. We have 37 people registered so far, so it should be a good crowd. Our speaker is a meteorologist from the National Weather Service speaking on the topic of marine forecasting, weather in general, and where some of our common sailing apps get their metadata.

Sir Isaac Newton
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Had a wonderful time as usual. The guest speaker was informative and entertaining. Now we will have additional resources at our disposal when planning for our days on the water. Thank you to all those who planned and executed this meeting and all those who were able to attend.
Once the Cabin Fever Lunch takes place, spring is just around the corner…
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

We had a good crowd at the Cabin Fever Lunch yesterday. There were 42 people in attendance. There was a good mix of regulars and newcomers. Here are a couple photos. The first and second are general shots of the room. The third is of our guest speaker, Sarah Thunberg, Meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.

Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

In addition to lunch and a guest speaker, Commodore Fred Mueller gave us a demonstration of the new website and general updates. We elected a new slate of CDSOA Northeast Fleet officers. Our new Northeast Fleet Captain is Dave Hemenway, and Doug Jesseman was elected to another term as Fleet Secretary/Treasurer. Thank you to Fred Mueller, our outgoing Fleet Captain who stepped down to concentrate on his duties as Commodore. The first photo below is of Commodore Fred Mueller, and you can see Fleet Captain Dave Hemenway in the green shirt on the left side of the first photo. We capped off the day with a raffle of CDSOA Chandlery items as shown in the second photo below.

And finally, a huge thank you to Bob and Susan Lascelles who organized the Cabin Fever Lunch for several years! They leave large shoes to fill.

Sir Isaac Newton
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Here are a couple more pics from the Cabin Fever Lunch. The first is Fleet Secretary/Treasurer Doug Jesseman at the registration desk showing off the CD logo logbooks that were handed out. The second shows long time organizers Bob and Susan Lascelles at the near end of the table and the newbie organizers Carl and Kathy Thunberg in Navy blue at the far end of the table.

Sir Isaac Newton