Is Face Book Killing the Forum?

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

gates_cliff

Re: Is Face Book Killing the Forum?

Post by gates_cliff »

Thanks
Cliff
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

― André Gide
S/V Ethan Grey

Post by S/V Ethan Grey »

For myself, and possibly many others, the years 2020 - 2023 have been a major disruption. What I thought my plans were in 2019 were completely wiped out by the uncertainty of the last few years. 2023, I hope, will be a year of renewed activity on my boat and on this board. I was fortunate enough to participate in the Southeast Fleet meeting held 01/14 at the Fairhope Yacht club. Meeting up with everyone again was fantastic and I appreciate Steve and Susan, and everyone else, making the effort to get us all together.

On that note, I have resolved to be more active on this forum. This forum is an absolute treasure on my journey of trying to be a good steward of my CD30. Almost every question that I thought of has been answered in depth and with deep knowledge here. This forum is a treasure due to every member's contributions over the decades. I feel that if I wasn't a part of continuing that legacy, I would be doing a disservice to past members and future CD owners.

I hope that the new year, brings a renewed spirit to the CDSOA and this board in particular.

Fair winds!
David
S/V Ethan Grey
1981 CD 30C, Hull #199
Niceville, FL
CDSOA# 1947
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

My wife follows Cape Dory Fans on FB. I took a look the other day since I don't have FB. Wow...A very active site. Very little getting posted on the forum these days. It's not dead but not far from it.

As the bard once sang--"the times they are a changing".... I wonder what's next.