CD 25D/26 dodger and bimini for sale -- SOLD

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Bibster

CD 25D/26 dodger and bimini for sale -- SOLD

Post by Bibster »

I am putting the dodger and bimini combination that I had made for my CD26 up for sale. They were built for my boat by Crystal Cay Marine in Punta Gorda, FL in November 2021. I had them on my boat for five months before I removed them for the summer and Hurricane Ian totaled my boat before I could re-install them. The salvage company that hauled off my boat left a lot of gear behind, including the dodger/bimini. They are in near-new condition with Captain's Navy Sunbrella fabric. The combo will fit a CD 25D as well as a CD 26. Please note that new hardware (small padeyes, deck hinges, jaw slides and several twist lock fasteners) will be required to attach the combo to the boat. Pickup is probably the best option, as the cost for shipping will undoubtedly be steep. I am willing to travel a couple of hundred miles to deliver, but the price will be adjusted to cover the cost. Asking price is $550, about 25% of the original cost. PM me or email at olenole@yahoo.com.
Attachments
dodger2.jpg
dodger2.jpg (146.35 KiB) Viewed 321 times
dodger1.jpg
dodger1.jpg (163.23 KiB) Viewed 321 times
dodger bimini.jpeg
dodger bimini.jpeg (88.53 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Last edited by Bibster on Jan 10th, '23, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Thunberg

Re: CD 25D/26 dodger and bimini for sale

Post by Carl Thunberg »

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your CD26.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Bibster

Thanks, Carl. She was a sweet boat and in excellent

Post by Bibster »

condition, if I do say so myself. It actually won't be that hard or expensive to make her seaworthy again, but the insurance company gave me full value for her and undertook the burden of hauling her away, so I decided to take the settlement instead of trying to salvage her myself. She will undoubtedly show up on one of the salvage sites (she was salvaged by Cooper Capital Salvage) and somebody will get a great boat at a good price.