Looking/Wanting to Buy - Bronze Hardware

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
pchenrrt

Looking/Wanting to Buy - Bronze Hardware

Post by pchenrrt »

I am refitting my Cape Dory 28 (Sail) and outfitting for some serious sailing.

I've finally gotten through most of the grunt work and to the point where I can start putting her back together and I'm looking for the following:

- Winch pedestals X2 (the same as off the 28 would be nice, but a bit bigger>smaller would be okay too).

- Cockpit drains X2 (they are just over 1 1/2")

- Portlight knobs x16 (someone switched them out for wingnuts but I keep knocking my head on them and they smart).

I have switched out to Groco adaptor plates on my thruhulls for ease of replacement in remote places away from haul out facilities, so I have the Spartan square-taper plug ones available for sale/trade. (1 1/2" X2, 3/4" x1)

Cheers

P.s. I'm in Canada, so we don't have Venmo. PayPal is probably the best option and I'd be willing to cover the fees.
SVFayaway

Re: Looking/Wanting to Buy - Bronze Hardware

Post by SVFayaway »

You may know this already but Spartan is still in business and makes all the parts you seek. They are easy to deal with and the quality is, as expected, superb. Not cheap, but if you are outfitting for serious sailing, cheap is not a part of the equation. Ask me how I know :roll:

www.spartanmarine.com
Avery

1974 Cape Dory 28
S/V Fayaway, Hull No. 2
pchenrrt

Post by pchenrrt »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. But yes, I am already aware of the OEM.

I can justify their prices for some things, but $688 for knobs is not one of them :p.

Thought I'd check here before buying new. I try to do that with everything and the beauty of bronze in particular is how it doesn't diminish unless wearing.

To add to the list:

I'm also hoping for 1/2" chainplates x8 (from a larger CD)

Thanks,
P
s2sailorlis

Post by s2sailorlis »

ebay is a good source or a local marine consignment shop. spartan has great stuff but pricey.

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing
pchenrrt

Post by pchenrrt »

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am trying to match hardware that I already have (doubling up on cockpit scuppers and winches), which does not really lend itself to Ebay.

Figured here would be the best place to look, but apparently not