Interesting Boats

Share photos of your boat as well as photos snapped from your boat. Show us how and where you use your boat.

Moderator: bobdugan

Brimag

Re: Interesting Boats

Post by Brimag »

It's
Last edited by Brimag on Sep 27th, '22, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
Brimag

Post by Brimag »

Definitely a J boat.... Hanuman was here last year I believe. Could be either...We Had Endeavor and Shamrock here for a few years, quite a site!!!
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Saw this pice of art today at the boatyard. She got hauled out. Commuter yacht Justice (ex Jem). Built 1930 by consolidated shipyard. 75' LOA with skinny 13' beam. Imagine a yacht being built like this during the Depression.

Gorgeous.
Attachments
IMG_1406.jpeg
IMG_1406.jpeg (309.84 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
IMG_1407.jpeg
IMG_1407.jpeg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 1403 times
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Noticed the NYYC burgee. Beautiful vessel and thankfully a wealthy owner is interested in preserving what is fast becoming a lost legacy. It would be interesting to check out her engine room.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
gonesail

Post by gonesail »

those old wooden yachts can never be replaced. there are a few left at the Huckins boatyard here in Jacksonville .. where they get refitted and refurbished. a couple of Trumpys as well.
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

I talked to the mate this morning. He and the skipper were starting some projects. That's the skipper cleaning the props in the last two photos. The mate said he had been with the boat 6 years and the skipper has been the captain for 18 years. The previous Capt was with Justice for 50 years. He said she has only had two captains!

The profile photo first below was texted to me by the mate. Very much an ambassador for Justice.

He said she makes 24 kts. There were a lot of questions I wanted to ask but did not out of respect for their need to work. Very cool boat. It's great there is an owner that has the money to own and maintain a yacht like this but even more notable is the fact he chooses to have this boat than one of the ubiquitous white mega yachts which has 100 times the comfort and amenities but 1/10 the character or class.

Re the NY Yacht Club. They have an impressive history for sure but I have thought little of them after the shabby way they treated Dennis Conner when "they" (NYYC) lost the cup. It was a tough blow no doubt but Australia II was a faster boat with the innovative winged keel. Conner, his crew, and Liberty were magnificent for forcing the series to 7 races and lost the final by 41 seconds. I followed the race, as I did in those days, very closely. I lost complete interest in the cup when I could no longer identify with the boats. But, I digress....
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg (352.7 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
That's the mate in the t shirt to the left and the skipper working on the props.
That's the mate in the t shirt to the left and the skipper working on the props.
IMG_1416.jpeg (377.98 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
IMG_1415.jpeg
IMG_1415.jpeg (493.99 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

What a gorgeous boat -- 93 years old. I wonder how many of ". . . the ubiquitous white mega yachts which has 100 times the comfort and amenities but 1/10 the character or class. . . ." will be around at 93?
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
John Stone

Post by John Stone »

tjr818 wrote:What a gorgeous boat -- 93 years old. I wonder how many of ". . . the ubiquitous white mega yachts which has 100 times the comfort and amenities but 1/10 the character or class. . . ." will be around at 93?
I can see where this is going....but I'm not going there.:D :D. Too late. I see I'm already there.
John Stone

Post by John Stone »

Was able to take a photo this morning now on. Very skinny, sleek. Not a view I would want to see from the water!
Attachments
IMG_1439.jpeg
IMG_1439.jpeg (402.34 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

I have a thing for small boats. Take a look at these old wooden dories and launch boats. These were taken last week in Trondheim, Norway's oldest city.
Attachments
Dories Launch Boats Trondheim.jpg
Dories Launch Boats Trondheim.jpg (2.61 MiB) Viewed 1368 times
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton