CD28 Cruiser Raft-up in Boothbay

Discussions about Cape Dory powerboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Carl Thunberg

CD28 Cruiser Raft-up in Boothbay

Post by Carl Thunberg »

On the last day of the CDSOA Maine Cruise in Boothbay, we met up with CD28 Cruiser Blue Heron and had an impromptu raft-up. That's Blue Heron on port and Loon on starboard. It was a lot of fun comparing nearly identical boats with some interesting modifications. We had a great time and made some new friends.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
wikakaru

Re: CD28 Cruiser Raft-up in Boothbay

Post by wikakaru »

Considering only 17 were built, that's pretty impressive--you had 12% of all the 28-foot trawlers in the world right there!

--Jim
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Hi Jim - The CD28 Power specs listed on the CDSOA boat specs page is a little misleading. There were a total of 223 CD 28 Powers built, of which 17 were the "Sport" model, which I have never seen. The remaining 206 were either the Open Fisherman, Cruiser or Flybridge Cruiser. I have no idea how many of each were built.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
wikakaru

Post by wikakaru »

Wow, I really misread that chart (http://www.capedory.org/cdmfd.html). It says right there 223 built. Maybe I stopped when I saw the word "Trawler", ignored the "CD24" next to it, and used 17. Anyway, glad you could get together and compare notes.

--Jim