Pulpit Harbor (Maine) report

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Steve Laume

Re: Pulpit Harbor (Maine) report

Post by Steve Laume »

I have never overnighted on one of those moorings, but have never had trouble finding one, with a one liter soda bottle, to tie up to. They make it easy to head into the store, or mail boat dock to have a walk around town or up to the church.

I stayed in Moore's for a couple of days and do not remember it being particularly rolly. It was easy to get to the park trails as they run, right along the shore. I have stayed at Head Harbor a lot. There you just have to get in as far as you can and it is fine. You will find your dinghy a very long way from the water if the tide goes out on you when you pull straight into the beach. Definitely my favorite.

You should be okay in Duck Harbor as you can get into more shallow water than most. Definitely plan to anchor bow and stern so you can get back in with no worries about swinging into the mud. I would still prefer to stay at Moore's.

If you are heading out there then plan to stay a few days as the hiking is fantastic and it is a cool place to spend some time. The ospreys put on a great show at Moore's, Steve.