Narragansett Bay mini tour link to pix

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

fmueller

Narragansett Bay mini tour link to pix

Post by fmueller »

Circumventing the three pic limit with a Drop Box link ...

Thanks everyone ... we'll try for another one next season.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wlt0v9msl0yl ... TR8-a?dl=0
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
wikakaru

Re: Narragansett Bay mini tour link to pix

Post by wikakaru »

Thanks, Fred! It's nice to see all the boats together! Hope you enjoyed the cruise!

--Jim
Steve I

Post by Steve I »

Beautiful pics !
fmueller

Post by fmueller »

We had a fine time ... although it might have been the hottest weather ever ... and there wasn't much wind, at first, on Saturday up to RIYC ... although it filled in later. Then Sunday it was REALLY fresh by the end of the day ... So Saturday we amused ourselves by parading thru a fairly narrow channel between Prudence and Patience Islands. That's where you see all the CD's in a row motoring with just mains hoisted. Then the Commodore (that's me) commanded that we exercise our anchoring skills stopping for lunch in a cove off old Rocky Point Park where the Commodore then proceeded to do his best Wiley Coyote imitation nearly going into the drink off of "Wind Ho" ... you know - where your feet get further and further apart (except it was my arms and butt).

In particular I enjoyed watching others handle their boats (so well) at close range - and observing, with time, how boats become very individualized ...

I'm mulling in my mind an extended tour next season ... where sailors could do as many stopovers as they care to sign up for ... but I'd do the whole sequence just to string it together. I've got plenty of time to think about that !!

Where we went ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay