'77 Cape Dory 25 for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Moby Dink

'77 Cape Dory 25 for sale

Post by Moby Dink »

For sale is my '77 CD25. I bought her last yea uhr, and spent months stripping and refinishing all exterior brightwork with 3 coats Cetol Natural Teak, followed by 3 coats Cetol high gloss. I've primed and painted all nonskid areas with total boat primer and nonskid paint. I compounded and waxed the hull, and scraped and applied 2 coats of West Marine ablative anti-foul paint.

She reaches hull speed by an '07 Mercury 6hp 4 stroke, with a non-running identical '02 parts motor. Comes with original anchor and chain, housed on deck in a bow roller. Schaefer Roller furling head sail installed in '06, and main is around 15 years old and in good condition. Harken self tailing winches ease single handing, as does the Raymarine tiller pilot. Basic instruments include Raymarine depth, Standard VHF, and Aquamarine Prestige Class compass. All interior and exterior lights work, bilge pump replaced in 2010. Along with a galley sink, is an Original 2 burner alcohol stove, and large built-in icebox under the companionway stairs.

She is set up for a 2 battery bank system with switch and charger. The teak trimmed interior is original, and in good shape. The salon has 2 newly covered cushions that I have in dry storage at home, the V-berth has no cushions. There is no head, though there is a location for head or porta-potty, and a pump out fitting is located on deck. included but not installed, is the original salon pedestal table and door separating compartments.

I bought her last year, then spent the next several months bringing her back to where she is now. The only real thing I dislike about the boat, is it's 5' headroom below. She is the perfect Chesapeake bay boat or similar, weekending or short vacations, but I ultimately decided I wanted something I could live on for months in end, so I purchased a larger boat. Because of that, my new boat is consuming all of my time, and I can't stand the thought of her sitting and not being sailed and enjoyed.

They say a man's best 2 days are the day he buys a boat, and the day he sells it.. So come on! Fill your pockets with $7500 measley dollars, and let's both celebrate those days together!

I'm not sure if I'm posting pics properly, but I'm attempting to attach a link.. Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3wNiZ9QEk4hoMJxz9
Attachments
PXL_20210815_213859319.jpg
PXL_20210815_213859319.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 383 times