Two Interesting CD on CL

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Jeff D

Two Interesting CD on CL

Post by Jeff D »

I have no connections to either, but I would be tempted to take a long drive:

A fixer - https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/boa/ ... 92466.html

A unicorn - https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/boa/ ... 37357.html
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Re: Two Interesting CD on CL

Post by John Stone »

Wow. Nice find. A couple boats with potential.
Brimag

Post by Brimag »

The senior is a deal if you want to put in some effort to bring it back. I hope someone snaps it up. My wife says I can't have two !!??
s2sailorlis

Post by s2sailorlis »

That TySr was ridden hard and put away wet…. Pass

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

s2sailorlis wrote:That TySr was ridden hard and put away wet…. Pass
True enough if you are not committed. And the vast majority of people (and sailors) are not. But if you are one of those people who feel the joy in the art of building and creating something lovely with your hands and with your heart...well then you start with something that requires all your skills, talent, vision and determination and make something that brings you joy every time you look at it, touch it, use it.

In the scheme of life an engineless boat is the closest you can get to creating something elegantly practical and beautiful and yet attainable by a determined individual.

I hope they find a home.
s2sailorlis

Post by s2sailorlis »

I agree, and enjoy woodworking and photography. Pastimes that require patience, creativity, vision, and skill. If we’re talking about a Stone Horse, an S&S, a Hinckley, even a Dyer Dink….and so on, I can see investing the time and patience to restore. But in my humble opinion a 1985 TySr would not be the objective of a restoration effort. For someone on a limited budget, but the desire to “work it”, I respect and would understand the effort.

John Stone wrote:
s2sailorlis wrote:That TySr was ridden hard and put away wet…. Pass
True enough if you are not committed. And the vast majority of people (and sailors) are not. But if you are one of those people who feel the joy in the art of building and creating something lovely with your hands and with your heart...well then you start with something that requires all your skills, talent, vision and determination and make something that brings you joy every time you look at it, touch it, use it.

In the scheme of life an engineless boat is the closest you can get to creating something elegantly practical and beautiful and yet attainable by a determined individual.

I hope they find a home.

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing
Brimag

Post by Brimag »

I would not think twice about the Senior if I was looking for one The boat looks like it has sat unused rather than "ridden hard" Can't judge by photos. I enjoyed bringing back a Typhoon several years ago and it was totally worth it. Nice winter project for here in the northeast .