REMINDER NE FLEET CABIN FEVER LUNCH TOMORROW

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Bob Lascelles

REMINDER NE FLEET CABIN FEVER LUNCH TOMORROW

Post by Bob Lascelles »

NE Fleet Cabin Fever Lunch at Newick's Lobster House in Dover Point, NH is tomorrow Sat April 9 at 12:00pm. Please send in your registration thru the website http://www.capedory.org/fleetevents/NE- ... egform.php...... or email Rlascell*NOSPAM*@gmail.com or Carl.thunberg*NOSPAM*@terracon.com. .....or just stop in, and we'll make room!

Join fellow CDer's for lunch at Newicks Lobster House, Dover Point, NH......Good food, Good Conversation, Smerch, Jim Walsh telling us all about his trip to Bermuda and Planning for the Season ahead with Fred Mueller our new Commodore & NE Fleet Captain.....Event info is here: http://www.capedory.org/fleetevents/NE- ... ncheon.pdf.

Hope to see you there...

& please bring any sailing friends!
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME
Jim Walsh

Re: REMINDER NE FLEET CABIN FEVER LUNCH TOMORROW

Post by Jim Walsh »

Had a wonderful time, as always. Thank you Susan and Bob, and thank you to all the other officers, volunteers, and attendees, for making this event a success.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
LSD87

Post by LSD87 »

Leslie and I had a great time. We made some new friends and we’re glad we attended. Portsmouth is a lovely place.

We enjoyed your presentation Jim…learned a lot. A solo trip to Bermuda, wow, you are indeed intrepid. Nice vesse!

I think Fred has a good vision and actionable plans for the future of the association. Very excited about the future here.

Thanks to all…

Steve Dawson
CD22
Steve Dawson
CD22
John Ring

Post by John Ring »

Barbara & I really enjoyed seeing old friends & meeting some new ones too. Jim's Bermuda/boat presentation was great, really enjoyed it!

Best,
John Ring
CD36 Tiara
Sailing involves the courage to cherish adventure and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
Bob Lascelles

Post by Bob Lascelles »

Thanks to everyone who attended the Cabin Fever Lunch yesterday. Susan and I had a great time meeting up with old friends and making a lot of new ones.

We especially want to give a big "Thank you' to Jim Walsh for his excellent presentation. Single handing to Bermuda is an amazing accomplishment. Yesterday, Jim shared with us all the planning and work that goes into navigating it safely and the pleasure in the voyage.

Thank you. to Carl & Kathy Thunberg for all their help with the event and for making the CF raffle an outstanding success!

Finally 'Thank you' to the NE Fleet leadership team, Fred Mueller, Fleet Captain (and Nat'l Commodore) and Doug Jesseman, Fleet Secretary for all the support they gave to the event.

Fred and his team have plans for an exciting year! Keep an eye out on the board for new activity announcements!

Fair winds
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME
jparmen

Post by jparmen »

Let me add my thanks to the Lascelles and all other attendees for the most enjoyable lunch and company and lecture. It's a lot of fun to talk boats. I especially like Fred's idea about "coordinating with" . . (as opposed to "merging") with sailors who choose to sail some other Good-Old cruising rig sailboat. Much of what we talk about is design independent . . . (although CDs are, of course, the best) . . . but we can learn a lot and gain a lot by cross-membership or some such cooperative agreement with other cruisers.

Jim
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

That sounds like a great gathering and excellent presentation. Sorry I missed it. Next time perhaps.
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

John Stone wrote:That sounds like a great gathering and excellent presentation. Sorry I missed it. Next time perhaps.
You would have enjoyed it as there were several CD36 owners in attendance this year. Bob is considering changing the name of the event to the Northeast Fleet CD36 Cabin Fever Lunch next year. :D
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time