Freds 27, Narragansett Bay in February

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Walter Hobbs

Freds 27, Narragansett Bay in February

Post by Walter Hobbs »

Greetings all,

Went for a sail in Fred Muller's CD 27. Very nice sunny 50 degree day with nice breezy upper Narragansett Bay. Fred keeps his boat in all year and was kind enough to take me for a sail. Fun in February.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Walter R Hobbs
CD 14 hull # 535, Grin
CD 27 Hull # 35 Horizon Song
Lincoln, RI

"Attitude is the differance between ordeal and adventure."
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Re: Freds 27, Narragansett Bay in February

Post by John Stone »

Looks like fun. Good photos.
fmueller

Post by fmueller »

Thanks for posting Walter. We had a fine sail. Zoomed out past Cominicut Light into the upper Bay. I thought I had a shot of you but it seems to be missing from my phone. Oh wait. I took it with your phone. Go ahead throw it in here. Neither of us are going to Hollywood anytime soon.

I went out again Saturday with two fellas from the club. Rob at the helm, who I don’t know we’ll yet, has a CD 40 !! He keeps it in nearby Pawtuxet Cove. Can’t remember her name. Mark has a Freedom, but had a CD at one point I believe. Mark and I have spend many Saturdays together on “Anchorage Committee”. That’s nothing more than member supplied labor maintaining the marina. There are about 15 guys and a few gals. We have a blast as you might imagine. It’s heavy duty work at times and from my point of view often lots colder than sailing and hiding behind the dodger. Either way I get off the couch.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

That's a great looking boat Fred. Thanks for sharing.
Brimag

Post by Brimag »

Looking good! Nice to have the bay to yourselves .