Source for MC 4 Connectors?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Source for MC 4 Connectors?

Post by John Stone »

Hi everyone. I need a couple Staubli MC 4 connectors for 12 AWG. They are four my second solar panel.

Anyone know where I can get them?

I have a couple but they are not complete.

Rod Collins at Marine How To (Formerly Compass Base) had a serious stroke in early September. His retail store is closed. The note on his website says he is doing better. I hope so. He sure has provided a lot of useful information for DIY sailors.

Would appreciate info on where I might purchase the connectors.

Thanks.
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Re: Source for MC 4 Connectors?

Post by tjr818 »

Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Thanks Tim. I found them too and called but they are closed till Monday. Not sure they will sell me just a couple. Smallest batch on line was about 10. Will see what they say. I could spend $50 if I had too but I'd rather spend $10 plus shipping. Wouldn't hurt to have a couple extras though.
Apparently there are a lot of cheap ones out there....

Anyone else?
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

John,
Sometimes a big company like that will not sell one or two items, but they will often send you one or two free samples.
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
John Stone

Post by John Stone »

tjr818 wrote:John,
Sometimes a big company like that will not sell one or two items, but they will often send you one or two free samples.

Good tip. I can use water resistant heat shrink spade connectors if I strike out but I will look hard this week.
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

GA John

I have a plethora of leftovers from the solar project at our off grid cabin. I know you're looking for 12 awg, and mine don't say anything about awg. I do know I used them on 10 awg.

Let me know if you think they'll work and I'll gladly drop you a few in the mail.

Fair Winds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Member #250.
John Stone

Post by John Stone »

barfwinkle wrote:GA John

I have a plethora of leftovers from the solar project at our off grid cabin. I know you're looking for 12 awg, and mine don't say anything about awg. I do know I used them on 10 awg.

Let me know if you think they'll work and I'll gladly drop you a few in the mail.

Fair Winds
That’s a very kind offer. PM sent.

Anyone else have a source for staublis connectors?
Joe CD MS 300
Location: Cape Dory Motor Sailor 300 / "Quest" / Linekin Bay - Boothbay Harbor

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

John Stone wrote:Hi everyone. I need a couple Staubli MC 4 connectors for 12 AWG. They are four my second solar panel.

Anyone know where I can get them?

I have a couple but they are not complete.

Rod Collins at Marine How To (Formerly Compass Base) had a serious stroke in early September. His retail store is closed. The note on his website says he is doing better. I hope so. He sure has provided a lot of useful information for DIY sailors.

Would appreciate info on where I might purchase the connectors.

Thanks.
That's sad to hear. He has a great website and is a go to guy for many boat maintenance and marine electronic issues. Ran into him once in Boothbay Harbor years ago.
Better to find humility before humility finds you.
Joe CD MS 300
Location: Cape Dory Motor Sailor 300 / "Quest" / Linekin Bay - Boothbay Harbor

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

https://panbo.com/marineelectronicsforum/

Their forum is not real active but it is all electronics / electrical related. Someone might have a source.
Better to find humility before humility finds you.