CD25 pump-out installation

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

gianlisi

CD25 pump-out installation

Post by gianlisi »

Hello,

I am new to this list, and looking forward to learn from your experience!

I recently bought a 1975 CD25 with two friends (hull # 317), and we are looking into installing a head. We were wondering where the pump-out deck fitting could be placed -- I understand some CD25 did have a factory installed holding tank and, I guess, pump-out plumbing (our does not). Does anybody has experience with the plumbing setup of a CD25?

Any suggestion would be more than welcome!

Thank you in advance for all suggestions!

Gianluca
tartansailor

Re: CD25 pump-out installation

Post by tartansailor »

We use a small portable Potty and it has served us well.
Richard
Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
gianlisi

Post by gianlisi »

Thanks Richard!

We actually have a portable Potty too now. It has a possibility of installing a pump-out line too, and we were wondering what is the best way to install it!

Thanks

Gianluca
bgephart

Post by bgephart »

My 1979 (1980 model) CD25 hull #713 has a factory installed head with a holding tank. It is located below the v berth and is accessible via a rectangular hatch over it. The pump out is via a deck fitting located near the bow on the starboard deck.
gianlisi

Post by gianlisi »

Hi bgephart,

thank you for the information!

Any chance you have some pictures of the plumbing and deck fitting you can share? It would be incredibly useful. One more question if I can: does the holding tank have a vent and, if so, where is it located on deck?

Thank you again for all your help, I really appreciate!

Gianluca
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

Generally, a holding tank vent is located just below the rub rail.
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
bgephart

Post by bgephart »

I have never posted photos here before but willing to try. This is a Microsoft Share deal.
https://sway.office.com/Rwj8npJJtLTkFiMw?ref=Link

See if this works. There is a photo of the pumpout located in the center of the bow (not starboard as I earlier said) - also the vent on the port side of the bow just below the rubrail - then the head hoses showing the hose to the holding tank on the right - then a photo of the closed hatch below the v berth - then the open hatch below the v berth showing the holding tank.

If you look closely at the holding tank photo, you can see the inlet hose on left, and the outlet hose on the right. There is a small vent line hose just to the left of the large outlet hose. This assembly is located just to the rear of the fresh water tank.

I hope this helps. If the photos do not come through, send me your email and I will send them that way.
gianlisi

Post by gianlisi »

bgephart,

thank you, I really appreciate!

I can only see the first picture (the pumpout deck fitting) on the link you sent me. If you would be so nice to send me the others, here is my email: gianmail@gmail.com

Thanks again!

Gianluca