Segla Reborn Cailín

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

atcowboy

Segla Reborn Cailín

Post by atcowboy »

A little while ago I asked the forum some questions about interior finish. With how much Cailín has changed, I thought some before and after photos would be fun. I enjoyed looking back through my photos to make this post.

All the photos in this post are within the first 1-2 days of ownership.

- AT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by atcowboy on Apr 19th, '21, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
atcowboy

Re: Segla Reborn Cailín

Post by atcowboy »

First splash, with the Lil' Pup next to her.

-AT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
atcowboy

Post by atcowboy »

These photos are from the last 7 days. Approximately 11 months after purchase. Finally was able to get all the bright work stripped and varnished.

- AT
Last edited by atcowboy on Apr 19th, '21, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
atcowboy

Post by atcowboy »

Interior pics from the last week.

Wrapping up the last few details on the boat before launch... New chartplotter/fish finder & transducer, wiring, diesel heater... Maybe I should try starting the engine :!:

- AT
S/V Ethan Grey

Post by S/V Ethan Grey »

That looks fantastic! Great job. A lot of elbow grease applied on that one.

Did you oil or varnish the interior?
David
S/V Ethan Grey
1981 CD 30C, Hull #199
Niceville, FL
CDSOA# 1947
atcowboy

Post by atcowboy »

I varnished the ceilings and the sole with totalboat halcyon varnish. The lid for the composting toilet is totalboat lust varnish so it can resist splashes. The rest of the woodwork is two coats of watco tung oil then a few coats of Howard's feed n wax over that.

- AT