1981 CD TW for Sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Lex Loci

1981 CD TW for Sale

Post by Lex Loci »

SOLD

Thanks for your interest. She is moving on to her next adventure with a great new owner who understands the beauty - inside and out - of the Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender.

Carl Alberg designed day sailor (Hull #1800) built in 1981 (w/out trailer) for sale. The boat has too many upgrades to list fully here. New North sails included. The standing- and running-rigging are new and upgraded to include #0 Harken roller-furler. All Harken cleats, blocks, and other deck fittings re-bedded with Butyl. All control lines run aft to the cockpit for easy single-handing. The boat is powered by a nearly new Torqueedo Travel 1003-C (long shaft) motor. Boat is fully turnkey - dry, solid, and ready to sail with many extras. Located in a hard-to-find wet slip on the Potomac River near Washington, D.C. Contact seller for a full list of details and extras. Asking $7,499.
Attachments
Docked 3-23-21.jpg
Docked 3-23-21.jpg (8.24 MiB) Viewed 534 times
20151022_181302.jpg
20151022_181302.jpg (3.82 MiB) Viewed 534 times
Last edited by Lex Loci on Mar 31st, '21, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
cdmatthews

Re: 1981 CD TW for Sale

Post by cdmatthews »

Hello,

From the pics and description, your Typhoon Weekender looks and sounds nice!

We live in Decatur, GA, and would be using your boat on Lake Lanier, located 45 minutes northeast.

Please forward additional photos and details. I'm new to this forum. However, from comments by others on this board, the website's internal email is less dependable than conventional email. My email address is matthewsck@bellsouth.net.

Thank you,
Charles Matthews
755 Park Lane
Decatur, GA 30033
(770) 414-5800
cdmatthews

Re: 1981 CD TW for Sale

Post by cdmatthews »

Hello Lex,

I replied (or thought that I replied) on 3/25 to your post offering your Typhoon Weekender for sale. As a newbie to this board, perhaps I fumbled the reply, so I'll try again.

Your boat looks quite nice and reflects lots of care in restoring and maintaining her. We're presently boat-less, having recently sold a Wesrtsail 32. I've admired the Typhoon since seeing the first one in 1976 on Barnett Reservoir near Jackson MS. Also owned a Typhoon in 1986 until a divorce forced me to sell her. I'm ready to seriously downsize now and to sail another Typhoon---one that I can maintain and enjoy on Lake Lanier (45 minutes north of our home in Decatur, GA) or possibly on the NC coast near Oriental for perhaps ten more years. (I will turn 78 in August.)

Please forgive me if I'm committing a message-board faux pas by contacting you twice within the same week and within only one week of registering for the board. I really am interested in your boat!

Be well,
Charles Matthews