Needed: CD22 Mainsail & Jib; wanted: suggestions

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
CMatos

Needed: CD22 Mainsail & Jib; wanted: suggestions

Post by CMatos »

Do you know of sails that are available or do you know sail makers that you recommend? Thanks in advance.
mgphl52

Re: Needed: CD22 Mainsail & Jib; wanted: suggestions

Post by mgphl52 »

I am very pleased with the quality, service and price point I received from Precision Sails!
Now is a great time to contact them as they have very nice discounts in the fall.
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
MHBsailor

Post by MHBsailor »

I've had Doyle sails on my last three sailboats (the latter two being 22-foot Cape Dories) and have been very pleased with them. Not the cheapest but not outrageous either (in other words a good value for the quality) When I had a new mainsail made for my 22D, the loft owner came to my boat and measured the mast and boom dimensions as he was "old-school" and found that there were sometimes variations from what the factory drawings showed (which is what other sail makers plug into their computers). Mine were cut and built in Massachusetts, although I don't recall where the materials were sourced from (although I imagine offshore). I went with full battens and double reef points (I use the first reef point frequently and the second reef point enough to justify the upgrade). Mine 22D sails much flatter when the correct reef point is chosen, and I usually set it while on the mooring. I know a TY Senior owner who set his up with slab reefing but don't know of any 22s that are set up that way, although I don't see they couldn't be too.
MHB Sailor
Skeedeen

Post by Skeedeen »

I have two season on new sails for my 22' Typhoon Senior that were made by Hallett Canvas and Sails in Falmouth, Maine. Fantastic sails, great price and terrific service both before and after getting the sails. Highly recommend.
Jeff Nelson

Post by Jeff Nelson »

Good new year
I have 2 good used head sails if you are interested from a 22
MHBsailor

Post by MHBsailor »

Hanked-on or roller furling headsail?
MHB Sailor