Rig Rite

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

dr2owen

Rig Rite

Post by dr2owen »

John Stone just brought up Rig Rite in a different post. Does anyone know what is going on with this company. I am trying to get help rebuilding my traveler on my 330 and apparently the only place I can get the parts I need is from Rig Rite. I have tried posting on their website, calling, and I even resorted to snail mail and have not been able to get a response in 2 months of attempts. Any help is greatly appreciated.
JD-MDR

Re: Rig Rite

Post by JD-MDR »

They expect you to get the part number from the catalog and place the order online. They seem to be a self service co. I always have good luck getting through by selecting the button for service and repair.
WDM3579
MMSI 368198510
ghockaday

Post by ghockaday »

I've had no trouble getting someone on the phone. but that was over a year ago. I was looking for traveler parts as well. They show them on their site but do not have any of them. I did get some very well made Tiller parts from them.
Lower Chesapeake Bay, Sailing out of Carter's Creek
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30
radsailor

Post by radsailor »

I recently had a good experience with them. My first experience with them was 50 years ago. Good company
sgbernd
CD-28 #359
Ventura, CA

Post by sgbernd »

Last year, I was trying to get replacement cast Aluminum spreader bases which they show in their catalogue. Long story short, they don't respond to email, phone messages, or anything else although I didn't try smoke signals. When I finally got thru on the phone, they said they didn't have any, and had no plans to stock more as the tooling was lost, but could make some up out of stainless for a hefty price and long lead. I do not recommend them based on my experience.

-Steve
SVFayaway

Post by SVFayaway »

Odd because I called them about obtaining a mast section for a Sabre just the other day and they were helpful and very friendly. Didn't have any trouble getting through.
Avery

1974 Cape Dory 28
S/V Fayaway, Hull No. 2
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

I had nothing but trouble with them. They were rude. I gave up on them. I think I eliminated all the rig rite parts from my boat. Was not my intent...just worked out that way.

They have good products I think. Just lousy customer service...in my experience.
Keith

Post by Keith »

It is very strange how the views on Rig Rite are so polarized. I have delete with them 3 times over the last 9 years and each experience was a good one with a good outcome. I.E me getting the part(s) that I needed in a timely manner.

I wonder if it just depended on which employee that you interface with. Very strange indeed.

Keith
Keith

Post by Keith »

That was supposed to be dealt with them. Spell check got me again.
Bethbrownebooks

Post by Bethbrownebooks »

Same here! I even placed an order online and -crickets-. I am searching for alternative sources. Customer service is just too important to me.