Defender Marine Spring Sale March 18th

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
ghockaday

Defender Marine Spring Sale March 18th

Post by ghockaday »

We wait all year for this sale. If you never shopped it, you can save a ton money. Dennis
Lower Chesapeake Bay, Sailing out of Carter's Creek
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30
mgphl52

Re: Defender Marine Spring Sale March 18th

Post by mgphl52 »

ghockaday wrote:We wait all year for this sale. If you never shopped it, you can save a ton money. Dennis
Well... I reckon how much you can save might depend on how close you live to a Defender store???
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

You do not have to live close by. It is well worth the trip, if you do, in a non pandemic year.

https://www.defender.com/warehouse-sale_pre.html
ghockaday

Post by ghockaday »

mgphl52 wrote:
ghockaday wrote:We wait all year for this sale. If you never shopped it, you can save a ton money. Dennis
Well... I reckon how much you can save might depend on how close you live to a Defender store???
There is only one store at 42 Great Neck Rd, Waterford, CT 06385. The sale this year is all online anyway just like last year. I have never been to the store but folks say it is quite the event. I don't like crowds so I would not go on a good year.
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30
ghockaday

Post by ghockaday »

Steve Laume wrote:You do not have to live close by. It is well worth the trip, if you do, in a non pandemic year.

https://www.defender.com/warehouse-sale_pre.html
Steve, you live up that way, is it a circus when they have it?
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

Oh yeah, it is definitely a circus. Very well organized but still. I always go first thing in the morning on the first day. I usually get a parking space close to the building but they have extra room across the street so there is always somewhere to park. Then you stand in line and maybe talk boats to a guy near you until they open the doors. I immediately head for the close out clothing area and see if they have any shoes or cloths I can't live without for cheap. Everybody has a shopping cart so moving around can be challenging at times. I bring my list and always find a bunch of stuff that was not on it as well. Factory reps are everywhere to help you out or answer questions you might have about just about any boating product. Dinghies and motors are in a huge warehouse section all of their own. There is an entire area of displays where you can see all the latest gadgets and things you will never need or be able to afford along with more practical stuff. Free candies scatted about along with some pretty girls and I always run into at least a couple of people I know. When the time comes to check out, there is a long line of full shopping carts and a small army of cashiers with baggers so it moves fast. I always stop at the Lions Club tent for a couple of hot dogs and a Coke for lunch. Then I head over to Noank and drop off some of my booty at Raven and just kind of decompress for a while. It is crowded and crazy but well worth going if you ever get a chance, Steve.
Chrisa006

Post by Chrisa006 »

Having been a couple of times I second what Steve said. Not living near them any longer I have had stuff shipped and the rates seemed very reasonable. It is a fun place to visit either during the sale or at another time.
Chris Anderheggen
CD25 "Windsong"
Catalina 30 "Kestrel"
Catalina 387 " Parrot Cay"
Credo quia absurdum
ghockaday

Post by ghockaday »

I'll stick to mail order, it has worked well for them so far. The greatest savings is on the foul weather gear.
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30
Keith

Post by Keith »

I have never been to the store (150 miles) so doable. There service on internet or call in orders is incredible. On more than one occasion I have ordered something in the afternoon and received it before noon the next day. Only being two states away helps but still impressive.

Keith
appletim1

Post by appletim1 »

It's my understanding this year's event will be online, with curbside delivery, rather than the usual warehouse access.
ghockaday

Re: Defender Marine Spring Sale STARTS TOMORROW

Post by ghockaday »

It's here! almost.
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30