Yankee dimensions CD 36

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jeff Peterson
Jubilee
Galesville, Md.

Yankee dimensions CD 36

Post by Jeff Peterson »

The CD 36 Manual shows the sail plan and it shows the jib/yankee as 326 sqft and 100%...but does not give luff, foot, leech dimensions...does anyone have those?
THANKS
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Re: Yankee dimensions CD 36

Post by John Stone »

Jeff Peterson wrote:The CD 36 Manual shows the sail plan and it shows the jib/yankee as 326 sqft and 100%...but does not give luff, foot, leech dimensions...does anyone have those?
THANKS
I thought a 36 owner would respond. I can’t help you much since my boat is not stock—I have taller rig and longer bowsprit. 326 sf is the fore triangle measurement, usually about the size of a working jib. The CD 36 owners manual has the measurement for headstay and I and J measurement. I think the J is 15’6”. Here is a link. Scroll down till you find the download tab for CD 36 owners manual. You can use an architects ruler to figure out the foot, luff, leech measurements.

A competent sailmaker can also determine the correct size for your sail.

http://www.capedory.org/cdsoalook-group ... inemanuals