Starview 1985 Cape Dory 36’ cutter for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
M. R. Bober

Starview 1985 Cape Dory 36’ cutter for sale

Post by M. R. Bober »

Starview is a lightly used classic Cape Dory. She has been well maintained by her two owners. She is a sea kindly heavily built example of Carl Alberg’s genius.
She is currently on the hard ready for survey. She will have her bottom painted.
She is well equipped with Main, Staysail, Genoa, Yankee, and Drifter, Lazy Jacks, and Spinaker pole, 2 primary selftailing bronze winches (two speed), 2 sheet winches, 2 mast mounted halyard winches, reefing winch. The main has 2reef points and lazy jacks. The headsail has a ProFurl furler-reefer. There are two flag halyards. There are 2 winch handles (one locking).
Ground tackle is a 44# Rocna anchor with 50’ of chain and 250’ of Yale brait. A Danforth 22S serves as a backup anchor. There is a dodger and matching bimini (with sun shade curtains) covering the cockpit. Additionally there is folding teak table mounted to the steering pedestal. There is a rail mounted Life Sling and a teak flag pole.
The auxillary is a Perkins 4.108 diesel. There is a Hamilton-Ferris high output alternator with a Balmar smart voltage regulator. There is a 20 Amp battery charger.
The electronics are Raymarine and include windspeed and direction indictor, depth sounder, and knot meter. There is a below deck mounted auto pilot. All instruments are networked and repeated on the pedestal mounted chart plotter. The VHF radio is cabin mounted and there is a remote mounted Command microphone on the pedestal. There is AIS receive only. There is a Sony AM/FM/CD stereo with four speakers.
The galley has a three burner propane stove with oven, a double sink, and a Pelican water purifier with separate faucet. Refrigeration is a Frigo-boat unit with hull mounted heat exchanger.
There is a propane barbeque grill. A radar reflector and sea drogue as well as a Mast Mate ladder are included. The cabin has a pair of Alpenglow overhead light fixtures.
Starview has a custom full winter cover that extends to her waterline. All manuals are included as are many spares.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster, (Where the snow is currently melting.) VA
Last edited by M. R. Bober on Apr 29th, '21, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
CDSOA Founding Member
Bob Brown

Re: Starview 1985 Cape Dory 36’ cutter for sale $58,000

Post by Bob Brown »

I'm in the market for a CD36 and would like to learn more details about Starview.
Keith

Post by Keith »

A Picture is worth a thousand words!
M. R. Bober

Post by M. R. Bober »

Keith wrote:A Picture is worth a thousand words!
No doubt, but she is on the hard under full winter cover.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster (Where we are awaiting the sun.) VA
CDSOA Founding Member
Bob Brown

Post by Bob Brown »

Mitchel give me a call or send a text as I would like to communicate with you about Starview. 201 914 4800. Thanks.
Kailua Kid

Post by Kailua Kid »

Ahoy! I am very interested in STARVIEW. Please let me know how I can arrange to learn more about her, preliminary to an inspection. I have cash on hand for the right CD 36.
Last edited by Kailua Kid on Mar 2nd, '21, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Steve,

You might want to edit your post. You just posted a TON of personal information on the WORLD WIDE WEB. Not everyone who visits this site has good intentions.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
ghockaday

Post by ghockaday »

Kailua Kid wrote:Ahoy! I am very interested in STARVIEW. Please let me know how I can arrange to learn more about her, preliminary to an inspection. I have cash on hand for the right CD 36. Steve Gibbons 206 507-9542 or svg@gibbonslawgroup.com.
business phone and business e-mail probably no big deal. I got a ton of junk e-mail and spam and paper mail by just buying a few trees from the arbor day foundation. I am a little more cautious now as well. :oops:

I don't believe in EVIL but there are a lot of people in this world that do and get away with evil things. Dennis
Lower Chesapeake Bay, Sailing out of Carter's Creek
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30
Moby Dink

Re: Starview 1985 Cape Dory 36’ cutter for sale

Post by Moby Dink »

Good evening/morning,

My name is Travis Wilson, and I am very interested in Starview. I was hoping to come by and take a look at your earliest convenience. I'm actually going to be very near you this afternoon looking at a CD33 for sale, but my heart is set on a 36. Please call, text, email, carrier pigeon, whatever, I'd love to come take a look. Thank you. (804) 432-0689, twilson333999@gmail.com. Anytime day or night is fine, I have crazy hours. Please leave a message if I don't answer. Thanks again!