CD25D bimini

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

gates_cliff

Re: CD25D bimini

Post by gates_cliff »

Thanks, sounds good.
Cliff
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

― André Gide
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

When you spoke about "head room" under the boom, if you have a tiller, you really don't need head room...
The bimini on my prior CD25 covered the companion way and about half of the cockpit. That worked fine as I really like being in the sun, yet I could still sit a bit further forward to escape a rain shower. Never really wanted to stand up there as even without the bimini the boom could go ka-boom!
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
n5ama

Post by n5ama »

I’m 5’7” so I have standing room under my boom with no adjustments. Being short does have some advantages. :<}

I’m still having problems getting someone out to give me a estimate to build a bimini for my boat. You would think there would be several people in the Kemah, Galveston, TX area that could find the time to build a bimini.

I’ve looked into Sailrite and they have a 2, 3 and 4 bow kit available that looks good and a great video to measure and make what I need but it’s kind of expensive. The kit for the cover requires a heavy duty sewing machine which I don’t have. Still looking at $800 to $1000 (without the cost of a sewing machine) as a DIY project which surprised me.
gates_cliff

Post by gates_cliff »

Thanks Tim, actually that's exactly what he proposed, I should have added that.
Cliff
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

― André Gide