hull to deck jpint on CD25

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

abutkus03

hull to deck jpint on CD25

Post by abutkus03 »

There are open gaps where the hull meets the deck on my 1974 CD 25. There does not appear to be any mechanical joint other than the rub rail snugged up to the toe rail. Any guidance on how I fix this situation?
Last edited by abutkus03 on Oct 18th, '20, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Re: hull to deck jpint on CD35

Post by John Stone »

Your subj line says CD 35 and your narrative says CD 25 so I assume your question is about the 25?

This is a complicated topic. There is simply no useful way to answer you question without some photos to better understand the problem. If you can post 3-5 with good clarity and perhaps a detailed narrative I bet you’ll get some useful input. Lots of knowledge on the forum by folks that are happy to help fellow sailors.
abutkus03

Re: hull to deck jpint on CD25

Post by abutkus03 »

Your are quite correct. My boat is a CD 25. After several visits to the boatyard, I discovered the error of my ways. I discovered a rail running beneath the deck and inside the hull. The deck is screwed to this rail. I assume the hull Is also supposed to be screwed to this rail. That didn't happen in several places because there was a gap between the hull and the rail. Too remedy the situation I drilled a hole through the rub rail, the hull and the rail on the inside of the hull, securing all together with a SS bolt, washer and locking nut. Thanks for listening. I hope this helps other DIYers.