Minor hatch repairs

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Bethbrownebooks

Minor hatch repairs

Post by Bethbrownebooks »

Hey,

I would like to get some parts to repair my forward hatch on my CD 28. Does anyone have info on these? What make are they? Specifically, I am looking for a spring for the dog and a screw for the arm that props it open. All suggestions gratefully appreciated!
Jim Walsh

Re: Minor hatch repairs

Post by Jim Walsh »

Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Bethbrownebooks

Post by Bethbrownebooks »

Beware: I got a replacement screw for the arm on my Boat forward hatch and it didn't fit. Not sure why, but I guess I am looking at replacing the whole arm, which is expensive.

I got a new dog too, but haven't tried to install it yet.
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Bethbrownebooks wrote:Beware: I got a replacement screw for the arm on my Boat forward hatch and it didn't fit. Not sure why, but I guess I am looking at replacing the whole arm, which is expensive.

I got a new dog too, but haven't tried to install it yet.
There is a lot of knowledge on the forum. But if you can post a picture of your hatch and the part causing you a problem you have a much better chance of getting helpful info.

Sometimes parts are different on the same boat due to changes in production or previous owners repairs or upgrades.

I have replaced dogs, arms, springs and the glass.
ghockaday

Post by ghockaday »

I did a bunch of research on mine at one time and found that none of the ones at defender where the same as mine. Our 30 is hull 176. They were of a series that they no longer support. I don't remember the details. Dennis
Lower Chesapeake Bay, Sailing out of Carter's Creek
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30