Sails for Cape Dory 28 Sloop - New Prices

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

kerrydeare

Sails for Cape Dory 28 Sloop - New Prices

Post by kerrydeare »

Two jibs for sale. Each sail is essentially as new. I know for sure that the storm jib came out of the bag only once to test the fit. The "spitfire" (about half way between the club jib and the storm jib, and usually called a "Number 5") was set once while crossing the Chesapeake into Norfolk.

Storm Jib by Ulmer Sails (1981). This is a heavy hank-on sail that appears new. Complete with one-piece sheets, bag, pendant, etc. Despite the age, it seems that Dacron cloth and stitching and bronze hanks don't seem to get old while living in a sail bag. Price: $350.00 (formerly 400.00)

Spitfire (#5) by Moorhouse Sails (2011). Another heavy weight hank-on sail with custom features. Skip Moorhouse was a highly respected local sailmaker to both the racing and cruising community. Complete with one-piece sheets, bag, pendant, etc. $400.00 (formerly $450.00).

I prefer not to ship these sails (located in central New Jersey) because packing and shipping fees will probably be outlandish. However for an interested buyer I will try to accommodate delivery as much as possible. I have sold other sails and gear on this board to very satisfied buyers. Also for interested buyers, Bacon is listing each of these sails (or similar) for between $750 and $850, but they are not nearly this quality. I know this is the case.

Combined new lower price: $800.00 for both.
Last edited by kerrydeare on Mar 19th, '20, 13:52, edited 2 times in total.
kerrydeare

Re: Sails for Cape Dory 28 Sloop - New Prices

Post by kerrydeare »

kerrydeare wrote:Two jibs for sale ...
BUMP
kerrydeare

Post by kerrydeare »

kerrydeare wrote:
kerrydeare wrote:Two jibs for sale ...
BUMP
Still available.
ghockaday

Post by ghockaday »

Shipping would not be bad unless it was shipped west. Probably 30 ish. Dennis
Lower Chesapeake Bay, Sailing out of Carter's Creek
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30
kerrydeare

Post by kerrydeare »

ghockaday wrote:Shipping would not be bad unless it was shipped west. Probably 30 ish. Dennis
I am not sure what this means (nor why you would comment if not interested), but if you have interest in the items which are frankly quite nice, just let me know and we can talk. I have sold a number of items here without regret on either side. I have always thought any deal must benefit both partners.

Regards,

Armond
ghockaday

Post by ghockaday »

Wow! so sorry I took an interest. I was just commenting on your comment below. I thought someone may want to know that shipping may not be "outlandish" unless it was one coast to the other. I apologize for giving any comment. :oops: I must remember our geographical differences when I reply.

your quote
"I prefer not to ship these sails (located in central New Jersey) because packing and shipping fees will probably be outlandish."
Last edited by ghockaday on Sep 24th, '20, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Lower Chesapeake Bay, Sailing out of Carter's Creek
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30
kerrydeare

Post by kerrydeare »

ghockaday wrote: ... I was just commenting on your comment below. I thought someone may want to know that shipping may not be "outlandish" unless it was one coast to the other. I apologize showing any interest or giving any comment ...
Your apology is not required as you have no way of knowing that a potential purchaser a few months ago was very close to closing on this sale until he started looking at the shipping fees involved. This is what sometimes happens to new arrivals such as yourself upon joining a group of curmudgeons such as we are (or at least I am).

For your further consideration, please note that I have a few anchors for sale in the 70+ pound range that also face similar challenges. Any interest? In any case I won't be retiring on the proceeds of this deal. I retired in early 1990.