Opinions on Cajun Ropes

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

robwm

Opinions on Cajun Ropes

Post by robwm »

I'm starting to plan for replacing my running rigging. Prior experience has been with securing new rigging from New England Ropes which has been good. In that instance I did all the splicing/whipping of the ropes.

Looking at the Cajun Ropes website (https://www.cajunrope.com/), I've found that they offer pre-made kits (spliced, with shackles and whipped) at a price that makes it tempting to get such a kit given the long list of other items I want to address and my time constraints.

Have any of you gotten one of their kits and/or dealt with them, and, if so what did you think of their quality/service? Thanks,

Robert
Jim Evans

Re: Opinions on Cajun Ropes

Post by Jim Evans »

Hi Robert - I've purchased halyards from them several times for my CD33, though I've just bought their lines, and not the kits. I don't splice my halyards, but prefer to use a buntline hitch instead. I like their cordage, and their pricing makes them tough to beat. I will purchase from them again when I need some running rigging or dock lines.
Jim Evans