WTB Cape Dory 36 needing TLC (Sub 50K)

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

Re: WTB Cape Dory 36 needing TLC

Post by moctrams »

mashenden
Location: "Nautica" CD-36 #84, Ty-K #83, & CD-10 #1539 in Urbanna, VA. 4 other Tys in past

Post by mashenden »

My Cape Dory 36 Nautica is currently listed with a broker here in Topping VA for $39,500. I believe we are priced at the low end of the market, particularly when considering some important upgrades such as a newer motor with less than 400 hours, new electrical systems, new traveler, new 12v fridge, etc, etc.

My focus over the past 7.5 years has been on upgrading things with safety and reliability in mind. The only TLC needed is the cosmetics. That said, I did just polish the hull and finished the coamings - major improvement !! The bottom was just painted with high copper paint too.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1982/c ... 6-3663985/

While Nautica is listed as a 1982, she is really a 1983, which means the interior is built to a higher level of craftsmanship than older CD-36s. She is beautiful, if I don't say so myself.
Matt Ashenden
- I used to like boating and fixing stuff, then I bought a couple of boats and now I just fix stuff :)

Oh, and please check out my webpage... http://VaRivah.com
rdr3

Post by rdr3 »

Hi John,
I have a CD 36 for sail in southern Maryland... see specs. If you are interested, fell free to email me at rdr3@psu.edu.

Bob

P.O.D. (Peace Out Dream)
State College, PA
Year: 1980
Length: 36' Cutter rig
Engine/Fuel Type: Single / diesel
Located In: Ridge, Maryland
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull #36 CPDT0050M80A
Documentation # 614888

P.O.D. is a wonderful example of a Cape Dory 36 in great shape for her age. A CLASSIC beauty with a large cockpit for security and space. Plenty of room to sail yet room to relax and enjoy. The CD 36 was designed from the keel up by Carl Alberg to provide the maximum combination of comfort and performance for a yacht of this size. "P.O.D." is cutter rigged and is powered by a Perkins 4 cylinder diesel with only 1850 hours. She has 6 berths, efficient galley, carries plenty of water and fuel. She can stand up in a blow, beat to windward or track effortlessly on long downwind runs. While powerfully built and heavily rigged for offshore work, she was designed to be equally well suited for the gentle breezes of an afternoon sail or a weekend cruise. NO deck leaks or soft spots!
Many upgrades in the recent years include new autohelm, navigation, roller furling genoa, main sail with battens, batteries, etc. The bottom was barrier coated in 2012 and decks painted Cape Dory beige. If you are looking for an extremely comfortable, easy to sail, turn-key classic cruising sailboat, P.O.D. is a must see.

SPECS
Builder: Cape Dory Yachts Designer: Carl Alberg Keel: Full 5’ draft

DIMENSIONS
LOA: 38 ft 0 in Beam: 10 ft 8 in LWL: 27 ft 0 in Length on Deck: 36 ft 1 in
Displacement: 16100 lbs Full Load Ballast: 6050 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 46 ft 6 in Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
ACCOMMODATIONS:
• Private V-berth with seat and insert, storage drawers, hanging locker, outboard shelves
• To port - Head vanity, medicine chest with mirror, shower , hot and cold pressure water, Wilcox Crittenden marine head with holding tank
• To starboard– Huge hanging locker, 3 drawer bureau, shelf and cabinet
• Main salon with settee to port, custom double bed memory foam pad, double leaf teak dining table, straight settee to starboard, outboard shelves and cabinets
• To starboard - Forward facing navigation station with lift top chart table, seat, storage cabinets and shelf, VHF
• Starboard aft – large quarter berth
• To port – U-shaped galley with stainless steel sink, HilleRange 3 burner stove with oven, ice chest, lots of counter space, spice rack, drawers and cabinets
ENGINE
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine hours: 1850
Engine Model: 4.108
Engine/Fuel Type: Inboard Diesel
Propeller:2012 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: 2012 Direct Drive shaft
Engine Power: 40 HP

TANKS
Fresh Water Tanks: 4 plastic tanks (125 gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (23 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 plastic (12 Gallons)

ELECTRONICS
VHF: 2013 Standard Horizon Matrix Series GX2150 with AIS+
Cockpit VHF
Navigation- 2013 Garmin GPSMAP 700 series
Autopilot–2017 Raymarine Evolution EV100
Danforth Compass binnacle mount
Insigna bulkhead mounted TV- 2015
LED running lights

SAILS
2013 Roller Furling Harkin system
2012 furling genoa
2012 Full battened mainsail
2012 Mainsail cover
Fore staysail
Lewmar winches
running rigging (new 2012)
full awing

Inside Equipment
Marine head (Wilcox Crittenden)
Electric bilge pump
Hot water
West Marine clock and barometer
2017 interior cabin cushions
2 CNG tanks
LED cabin light
oil lamp

Electrical Equipment
Marinco Shore power inlet
2018 batteries (2)
110 outlets (3)
shore power cords

Outside Equipment/Extras
Edison Steering wheel
anchors with chain and rode
10 bronze ports with screens
2 cabin hatches with screens
dodger frame
companion way screen
cockpit folding table
cockpit teak grate
fenders, dock lines, boat hook, seat cushions
manual bilge pump
standard safety gear- horseshoe ring, PFDs, flares, ships bell, etc.
spare parts, standard tools
portable BBQ grill
swim ladder
8’ inflatable dinghy with oars
Nissen 2.5 outboard engine and stern mount bracket

Price: $42,500.00
Located:Ridge, MD
TEXT with interest (814) 571-2026 or email me at rdr3@psu.edu
Bob
rdr3

Post by rdr3 »

Hi John,

I had the boat hauled in May of this year, bottom painted, zincs replaced, etc. The boat is in the slip all year. Let me know if you want any pictures and I can email them to you.

Bob
Attachments
POD hull 2020.jpg
POD hull 2020.jpg (259.82 KiB) Viewed 399 times
Bob