Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender 1972 for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Laughs4

Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender 1972 for sale

Post by Laughs4 »

Hull, sails, everything in great shape except deck needs fiberglass work. I bought the boat through this forum (sight unseen) so if you look at earlier posting for AGOGATES on 10/28/2018 there are pictures and details about her there. She is a beautiful boat but at the very least she needs fiberglassing around the chainplates and over the cabin which I can't do. She is now located in New Hampshire. Please call me if you have any questions. thanks. diane 603-724-3545
Alan Stewart

Re: Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender 1972 for sale

Post by Alan Stewart »

I delivered Diane’s Typhoon to her from NJ and just want to concur that hers is a beautiful Baby Blue Typhoon Weekender that is loaded with gear and on a good galvanized trailer! Unfortunately it has the typical Typhoon balsa-core deck problems in some areas that she was not made aware of prior to purchasing the boat... How extensive (expensive?), those deck issues are has not been determined yet by a qualified surveyor or fiberglass boat repair shop, but the boat is definitely one worth repairing and I’ve already told Diane that if I didn’t already have ten (!!!), Typhoons in my yard awaiting restorations of varying degrees, that I would happily buy her boat - so if you’ve got decent boat-repair skills, or are ready to take on a project and learn as you go, this is a very worthwhile undertaking.
Best of luck in finding her a new home, Diane!
Alan Stewart
843-450-2598
frosty

Re: Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender 1972 for sale

Post by frosty »

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to call. I had an offer in on Ty Sr that was accepted on Saturday, so I was busy finalizing the sale and sorting the logistics.

Good luck with yours, if you keep her, I hope to see you on the ocean.
Typhoon Sr
Hull 33
S/V Sonnet