2019 Northeast Fleet Maine Cruise

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

2019 Northeast Fleet Maine Cruise

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

CDSOA Northeast Fleet
Maine Cruise 2019
Maine’s Mid Coast, Boothbay Harbor to Tenants Harbor
4 August to 9 August 2019

4-Aug-19 | Sunday | Boothbay Harbor | Opening Dinner at Ports of Italy Restaurant
5-Aug-19 | Monday | Poorhouse Cove | BBQ and pot luck dinner at Carl Thunberg's camp
6-Aug-19 | Tuesday | Round Pond | Hiking and BYOB Cocktail Hour on Cheryl Allen’s dock
7-Aug-19 | Wednesday | Maple Juice Cove | Visit the Olsen House of “Christina’s World” fame
8-Aug-19 | Thursday | Port Clyde | Hiking to the Marshall Point Lighthouse
9-Aug-19 | Friday | Tenants Harbor | Closing Dinner at Wan-e-set Restaurant
10-Aug-19 | Saturday | Monhegan Island | Optional trip weather permitting

The details and registration form for the 2019 Maine Cruise are now available from our web site on the 'Fleet Events' page, Northeast Fleet section. The registration form is accessible from that page as well as from within the document which you should print and take with you on the cruise.

http://www.capedory.org/events.html#NEFleetEvents
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Carl Thunberg

Re: 2019 Northeast Fleet Maine Cruise

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Fun fact: Marshall Point Light is the lighthouse Forest Gump ran to before turning around and running back to California. Looking forward to hosting in Poorhouse Cove!
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
David Morton

Post by David Morton »

Nice cruise planned! Wonder what arrangements have been made for moorings/anchorage at Monhegan? Pretty scarce, from what I've read.
"If a Man speaks at Sea, where no Woman can hear,
Is he still wrong?
" anonymous, Phoenician, circa 500 b.c.
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Don’t forget!
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Cathy Monaghan

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

The details and registration form for the 2019 Maine Cruise are now available from our web site on the 'Fleet Events' page, Northeast Fleet section. The registration form is accessible from that page as well as from within the document which you should print and take with you on the cruise.

http://www.capedory.org/events.html#NEFleetEvents
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Cathy Monaghan

Re: 2019 Northeast Fleet Maine Cruise — Boothbay Harbor

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Boothbay Harbor:

Most participants in the CDSOA Maine summer cruise are anticipated to arrive on Sunday. There will be a cruise Opening Dinner at Ports of Italy at 47 Commercial Street in Boothbay Harbor at 6 PM. We will make reservations for all those registered to attend the cruise by boat or auto, and wanting to join us for dinner.

There are moorings available in Boothbay Harbor from Tugboat Inn Marina, hail the Tugboat Inn Marina (VHF Ch. 9/68, 207-633-4434 or 800-248-2628) and reserve a mooring for the night – the earlier you call the better. Moorings are $30 per night (40’ max length). There are also moorings available from the Carousel Marina (VHF Ch. 9/68, 207-633-2922) on the east side of the harbor opposite Tugboat. There is no anchoring permitted in the inner harbor, but there are nearby anchorages south of the mooring field.

Tugboat Inn Marina: https://www.tugboatinn.com/boothbayharbormarina/
Carousel Marina: http://www.carouselmarina.com/index.php
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Cathy Monaghan

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Poorhouse Cove

This evening we’ll be going ashore for a BBQ/Pot Luck hosted by Carl Thunberg. The CDSOA NE fleet will be providing the burgers and each boat is asked to please bring a side dish and, of course, your favorite beverage.

Please register by July 31st.

http://www.capedory.org/fleetevents/NE- ... seInfo.pdf
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

If I may add to Cathy's post, please let me know either by email or private message if you have food restrictions. We are used to them, and can accommodate, but only if you let us know.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Cathy Monaghan

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Round Pond:

Cheryl Allen has offered to host a Cocktail Hour on her dock just on the south side of Round Pond Harbor in Moxie Cove, an easy dingy ride from the harbor. It’s BYOB and a snack to share!

Padebco Custom Boat Builders and Boatyard (207-529-5106) has moorings available, and Cheryl will have one or more available in Moxie Cove. Cheryl also recommends that anchoring in nearby Greenland Cove may be a good alternative.

Padebco: http://www.padebco.com/

Don’t forget, register for the 2019 Maine Cruise by July 31st.

Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Cathy Monaghan

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

CDSOA 2019 Maine Cruise - day 4, Wednesday, Aug. 7th:

Maple Juice Cove

This evening we can plan to gather aboard one or two of the boats for a happy hour. This is where at least one 2-boat raft-up would be handy!

Cape Dorys should begin arriving in Maple Juice Cove anytime after noon. If conditions are settled, please contemplate allowing another CD to raft-up with your boat – this decision is entirely up to the captain of each vessel.

Please register for the Maine Cruise by July 31st.

Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Cathy Monaghan

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

CDSOA 2019 Maine Cruise - Day 5, Thursday, Aug. 8th:

Port Clyde

The Port Clyde General Store (VHF 9, 207-372-6543) has rental moorings. If anyone wants to anchor, Bob Emmons of S/V Savannah advises that he has done so north of Hupper Island with the Port Clyde harbor just a stone’s throw away.

Port Clyde General Store: https://www.lindabeansperfectmaine.com/ ... ral-store/
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay