I'm back in

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Dean Abramson

I'm back in

Post by Dean Abramson »

A while back I got a little grief on this board for having let my CDSOA membership lapse for a while. I am not going to mention who gave me the grief.

Well, guilt always works well on someone who was raised Catholic ... so I have rejoined. And to properly atone, I have anteed up for the next three years.

So, I hope I have pleased the sea gods, or at least will be free from tadpolian rebuke :wink: for the next 36 months.

Our situation has changed a bit, and we are somewhat more likely to participate in CD events now. So maybe we'll see some of you folks out there on the water.

Can someone tell me how I get our boat onto the CD Registry. I am sure it's obvious, but I am a senior sailor with limited brain functionality.

Cheers, all.

Dean
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: I'm back in

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Dean:

Congratulations :!: :!: :!:

The only thing more guilt wrenching than Jewish guilt is Catholic guilt.

I am honored that you believe this "tadpole sailor" played even a minor role in persuading you to renew your membership for three (3) full years. I wonder if the membership committee will bestow upon me some kind of plaque or medal :?: :D :D :D

Anyone else out there who has let their cherished membership lapse and would like to atone for that sin by re-upping for 2 or 3 years :?:

There is not a better resource for the care, maintenance and upgrades of our Cape Dory sailboats specifically and generic sailboat questions in general. Your small contribution helps to keep the system running smoothly with no engine malfunctions. And, most importantly, as my friend Dean learned, it removes any religious or sectarian guilt you may be carrying around with you. :D :wink: :D :wink:
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

Welcome back.

"I am sure it's obvious, but I am a senior sailor with limited brain functionality".

I think the fact that we own these boats confirms the fact that we all have limited brain functionality, regardless of our age and most of us are old, Steve.
Dean Abramson

Post by Dean Abramson »

Sea Hunt Video wrote:Dean:

Congratulations :!: :!: :!:

The only thing more guilt wrenching than Jewish guilt is Catholic guilt.
Thanks, Roberto.

The Catholic part is primarily from my mom's side. My dad's side? You guessed it: Jewish.

I feel guilty taking up your time with this.
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
Dean Abramson

Post by Dean Abramson »

Steve Laume wrote:Welcome back.

"I am sure it's obvious, but I am a senior sailor with limited brain functionality".

I think the fact that we own these boats confirms the fact that we all have limited brain functionality, regardless of our age and most of us are old, Steve.
Thanks Steve. Yes, we have all gotten a little dinghy.
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Post by Joe Myerson »

Welcome back, Dean. Consider yourself absolved!

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Post by Steve Kuhar »

Dean,

The "Registry" is not a product of the CDSOA, we only provide a link to their site at the top of our home page. I do not know what the procedure is to become listed or to change your information on their site. Your information will be listed in the next CDSOA Membership Directory which will be published and distributed in January 2020. A copy of the current (2018) edition was included in your membership renewal packet which was mailed on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Steve Kuhar,

CDSOA Membership Chair
Dino
Location: Oriental, NC. CD 25D. Previously CD22, Typhoon and CD 10.

Post by Dino »

Hi Dean. I maintain the registry that is the Google spreadsheet. If you'll post the year and or hull # for Loda May and any other particulars you'd like included, I'll add her to the registry for you.
pete faga

Post by pete faga »

Dino
How does one view your google spreadsheet?
Pete
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

pete faga wrote:Dino
How does one view your google spreadsheet?
Pete
Click on the "REGISTRY OF BOATS" link at the top of the page, far right side.
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

Dino wrote:Hi Dean. I maintain the registry that is the Google spreadsheet. If you'll post the year and or hull # for Loda May and any other particulars you'd like included, I'll add her to the registry for you.
Hi Dino,

Since I don't see my "KAYLA" in the registry, here are the details. She's an 1982 CD28 hull number 318. I first purchased her in 2002, sailed, cruised and raced a lot with her. Ended up selling her in 2010 after buying an Allied Princess. However, things change and when I found KAYLA on the market in 2015 we bought her back!

Thanks! -michael
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
Niceville FL
S/V Ethan Grey

Post by S/V Ethan Grey »

mgphl52 wrote:
Dino wrote:Hi Dean. I maintain the registry that is the Google spreadsheet. If you'll post the year and or hull # for Loda May and any other particulars you'd like included, I'll add her to the registry for you.
Hi Dino,

Since I don't see my "KAYLA" in the registry, here are the details. She's an 1982 CD28 hull number 318. I first purchased her in 2002, sailed, cruised and raced a lot with her. Ended up selling her in 2010 after buying an Allied Princess. However, things change and when I found KAYLA on the market in 2015 we bought her back!

Thanks! -michael
Glad to see another Cape Dory owner in Niceville, FL. I just purchased a CD30, previously named Hatchett, that is currently at Two George's Marina. Hope I can pick your brain from time to time as things crop up. I don't know much about these boats and have never had a diesel before.
-david
David
S/V Ethan Grey
1981 CD 30C, Hull #199
Niceville, FL
CDSOA# 1947
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

Hey David!
Welcome to Cape Dory world! I'm guessing Two Georges is in Boggy Bayou?
I'm at GGYC in Rocky Bayou directly across from the Hampton Inn. We have a Tiki bar and 4 sailboats.
I'm frequently down there with a bottle or 3 of wine after work, especially on Fridays!
Please come by sometime and say hi!
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
Niceville FL
Dino
Location: Oriental, NC. CD 25D. Previously CD22, Typhoon and CD 10.

Post by Dino »

Michael-

I've added Kayla to the registry.
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

Dino wrote:Michael-

I've added Kayla to the registry.
Many Thanks!
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318