Cape Dory 27 Table attachment?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

S/V LikuLiko

Cape Dory 27 Table attachment?

Post by S/V LikuLiko »

The table on our new to us CD27 has been permanently attached to the deck in order to mount a Force 10 propane heater on the bulkhead. Since we are in Florida, need for a heater is low. Would really like to be able to swing the table out of the way. The original hinge is there but I don't know how it attached to the bulkhead when folded up. Any one have a photo or description of how this was secured? Thanks!
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Re: Cape Dory 27 Table attachment?

Post by tjr818 »

This is the only photo I have of the table ion the stored position. There is a pivoting bolt attached to the bulkhead at what is now the top of the table. A knurled nut secures the table in the upright position.
I hope this helps:
_DSC0028.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
S/V LikuLiko

Post by S/V LikuLiko »

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. Now, where to get one and what is it called? Pivoting bolt?
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

I can't get to the boat right now the Mighty Mississippi has decided to flood the road to the harbor, but CS Johnson, the people who make life line hardware, have a fitting that is similar to the pivoting blot that I mentioned. This Deck Toggle would work, orient it so that it pivots vertically. Does your table have the hole for this bolt to go through as shown in my photo?
Deck Toggle.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
S/V LikuLiko

Post by S/V LikuLiko »

I do have the holes through the table and the fold down section.