Typhoon Project for sale (selling complete only)

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
rmeier

Typhoon Project for sale (selling complete only)

Post by rmeier »

PROJECT BOAT - 1971 CD Typhoon. This is a project! Previous owner(s) started the restoration.
Solid hull. Most parts available (some missing/broken parts, eg, missing one winch post, broken spreader, missing port lights, etc.). Selling complete.
I bought the trailer and boat without a title, will be sold on bill of sale.
My loss is your gain...I've lost interest.
The manufacture date of the vessel pre-dates 1972 when Hull Identification Numbers (HIN's) became mandatory...assumed to be a 1971 model based on the Cape Dory Plate number.

Also available is a brand new (never used) Marineshaver Pro to strip the gelcoat to fiberglass...for an additional $700 firm.
https://paintshaver.com/marineshaver-pro/
Attachments
20170912_183544_001.jpg
20170912_183544_001.jpg (4.15 MiB) Viewed 679 times
20170912_183720_001.jpg
20170912_183720_001.jpg (4.46 MiB) Viewed 679 times
Dick Villamil

Re: Typhoon Project for sale (selling complete only)

Post by Dick Villamil »

Very interesting - similar to where I started with my '76 Ty. How much??? Location????
rmeier

Post by rmeier »

The price is $400...a give-away price!
I bought the boat as a project, unfortunately, it has proven to be too much of an effort to obtain an official title for this vessel here in Louisiana, hence my reason for selling.
The boat will need to be stripped to fiberglass due to considerable "crazing" on the gelcoat surface...this boat has sat outside and weathered for many years in the Alabama sun! To the best of my knowledge, the boat has spent it's life on the Gulf Coast around the Mobile Bay area.
The previous owner started the restoration. The deck core repairs were started with two small spots still to be completed. The cockpit floor has been cut out and needs replacement. The hull itself is very solid and I was told that below the waterline has been barrier coated already.
The items I can identify as missing are; the portlights on both sides, one winch stand, the teak trim around the port and starboard toe rail and the teak washboards. Spartan Marine still sells the port lights and winch stands. There are no cushions available either in or out. If it was originally equipped with a head, that is no longer available (there are no thru-hulls so I doubt it was originally equipped. The tiller/head is also missing.
The mast/boom appears to be in good shape with the exception of a broken spreader. Rig-Rite is still selling mast components. The two sails appear to be in better than average condition. There is no roller furling...these are old school hank on sails!
The original bronze motor mount/attachment is available. The fiberglass lazerettes are available as is the fiberglass cabin sliding hatch.
I bought two new tires/rims when I purchased the boat 1-1/2 years ago. The boat has been stored in a dry location (away from the sun) for the last 1-1/2 years.
The value of the parts alone is worth more than my asking price...I'm expecting a quick sale!

I'm also selling (separately) a gelcoat stripper that can easily get the hull to bare fiberglass in less than two days.
Thanks for your interest!
Judy Antweiler

Post by Judy Antweiler »

remeier,
I am interested in your Marine shaver pro. I have a typhoon to strip the bottom and apply the copper coat system.
John Antweiler
jantweiler@mac.com
rmeier

Post by rmeier »

The boat and trailer are SOLD!

The MarineShaver-Pro is still available.
mashenden
Location: "Nautica" CD-36 #84, Ty-K #83, & CD-10 #1539 in Urbanna, VA. 4 other Tys in past

Post by mashenden »

rmeier wrote:The boat and trailer are SOLD!

The MarineShaver-Pro is still available.
Congrats on the sale!!

How much for the shaver?
Matt Ashenden
- I used to like boating and fixing stuff, then I bought a couple of boats and now I just fix stuff :)

Oh, and please check out my webpage... http://VaRivah.com