Sail Pack for CD33

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Joegunz

Sail Pack for CD33

Post by Joegunz »

Anybody make a sail pack for a CD33? The Sailrite people have good instructions, but it requires three mainsail dimensions before you can proceed. 1. Girth of the mainsail at the tack, 2. girth of sail at 18 inches forward of the clew, and 3. length of the foot of the sail. I'd like to do this project this winter, but my boat is tucked away and to put the mainsail on to get measurements is a big deal at this point. Actually impossible without removing the winter cover!
Bill Goldsmith

Re: Sail Pack for CD33

Post by Bill Goldsmith »

I love my Mack Pack from Mack Sails in Stuart, FL. Unfortunately they (and any other maker) will need those measurements, too. They have a pretty fast turnaround if you have to wait until the spring to measure. They also have a great policy where they will service the Pack for a flat fee of $85 regardless of the amount of work it needs. After 10 years mine had a couple of tears and the zipper needed replacement, and they fixed all that for $85.
Bill Goldsmith
Loonsong
Cape Dory 32 Hull #2
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

Joe, here (hopefully) is a scan of my Mack pack mesurement sheet for a CD 33. Toward the bottom, you'll note the boat has 3/4" slides on the boom.
If yours are different, you'll have to amend that. - Jean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean - 1983 CD 33 "Grace" moored in
Padanaram Harbor
Massachusetts
Joegunz

Post by Joegunz »

Thanks for the info! I was hoping someone had taken these measurements. My Main is loose footed, the sail slides up the mast are 1.75 inch long every 27 inches? Maybe at some point can contribute to this forum instead of just asking questions. Thanks again.