Binnacle.com On-line Retailer?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Doug Gibson
'87 CD36 #147
SF Bay, CA

Binnacle.com On-line Retailer?

Post by Doug Gibson »

Does anyone have experience with Binnacle.com on-line retailer? Looks like they are based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

I'm shopping for a Harken ESP 01 furling unit (for my staysail) and their USA$ price is almost $600 less than the best price I can find with USA retailers.

Seems too good to be true, unless they are allowed to discount more than what Harken allows their US retailers.
Doug Gibson
Jim Walsh

Re: Binnacle.com On-line Retailer?

Post by Jim Walsh »

That's an attractive price and it includes the leg kit. Shipping and state sales tax would be additional.
I have the ESP furlers on both my staysail and headsail. Several thousand miles sailed in the last three years. That includes three trips to Bermuda for the staysail furler, and one trip to Bermuda for the headsail furler which was just installed this spring.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
s2sailorlis

Post by s2sailorlis »

Why don’t you just call Harken and ask if they are an authorized reseller?

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing
Randy Capstick
Location: 1980 Ty Weekender, 1984 CD36 Glen Margaret, Nova Scotia, Canada

Post by Randy Capstick »

I have dealt with Binnacle both in store (in Halifax, N.S.) and on line and would recommend them without hesitation. All of my online purchases arrived quickly and well packaged and the one online return I had went smoothly as well.

Randy
kerrydeare

Post by kerrydeare »

Randy Capstick wrote:I have dealt with Binnacle both in store (in Halifax, N.S.) and on line and would recommend them without hesitation. All of my online purchases arrived quickly and well packaged ... Randy
Same experience as Randy, both in the store and online. BTW a nice store to visit (as is Halifax).