FS: Typhoon Weekender in Patchogue, NY

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
paulmcevoy75

FS: Typhoon Weekender in Patchogue, NY

Post by paulmcevoy75 »

My dad has a Typhoon Weekender in Patchogue NY he'd like to pass on. He's asking $500 or best offer.

It's at Week's Yacht Yard.

I don't currently have pictures of the boat although my dad is working on it. I believe he pulled some of the brightwork off and varnished it but hasn't replaced it yet. He tells me that the rig is complete and that there are (old sails). He intended to rebuild it but didn't get around to it.

He's willing to accept offers but doesn't want to get involved in no-shows. From what I understand about the boat it needs a good cleaning but doesn't have any damage or anything. So it would be your option to put it all together and sail it or do a more intense rebuild.

(for the record I spent 3 years rebuilding a Pearson Triton so I know of what I speak...)

If I get pictures I can add them.

The boat is on stands from the yard but my dad says he has a wooden cradle for it.

Send me a PM and I can put you in touch with him.

Thanks
Paul
paulmcevoy75

Re: FS: Typhoon Weekender in Patchogue, NY

Post by paulmcevoy75 »

Trying to get my dad to get more pictures but here is one that proves it exists:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxi86K ... sp=sharing
typhooner

Post by typhooner »

Is the ship still available? I may want to have a look...
paulmcevoy75

Post by paulmcevoy75 »

Yes still available, I sent you a message.
paulmcevoy75

Post by paulmcevoy75 »

Ok so the Weekender is still available.

I went down to visit my dad a couple of weeks ago and took some pictures.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aTWDwGZLzfxD3BOn1

The boat is cosmetically rough. There is a fair amount of crazing on the hull. My dad started to repair it but didn't get very far. So it makes it look worse than it is (the epoxy he put on needs to get sanded off). Anyway...if you wanted it to look amazing you'd have to get into filling the crazing. You could also just some paint on it and go sailing and worry about it later.

The woodwork has been removed, my dad has it in storage. I believe he sanded and varnished everything.

The aft deck is on the soft side. It could be recored, but I'm guessing you could just leave it too, depending. Not a huge repair either way. I noticed in the pictures that the aft jackstand is pushing hard against the bootstripe. Turned out that it was a bit too tight. My dad backed it off and tells me that the area returned to normal.

The rudder seems solid.

Having rebuilt a Pearson Triton I can say that I think this could be a real nice little boat for someone. It would be a lot of work to get it perfect but probably not that much more work than a nicer example (if you are going to sand and paint the hull, it sort of doesn't matter).

My dad is firm with the price. $500. Storage is paid in Patchogue till June I believe, and includes a lift onto a trailer with the travel lift. There is a cradle that goes with it, but I don't think it's in good enough condition to truck the boat as is.

If you send me a PM I'll pass it along to my dad.

Thanks!
Paul
paulmcevoy75

Post by paulmcevoy75 »

Bump to the top, this boat is still for sale.
paulmcevoy75

Post by paulmcevoy75 »

Still for sale