Northeast Fleet Cabin Fever Luncheon - 24 Feb 2018

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Northeast Fleet Cabin Fever Luncheon - 24 Feb 2018

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Mark your calendars!

The Northeast Fleet’s annual Cabin Fever Luncheon will take place on February 24, 2018 at Newick’s Lobster House, Dover, NH. More info to come.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
jen1722terry

Re: Northeast Fleet Cabin Fever Luncheon - 24 Feb 2018

Post by jen1722terry »

Sadly, we'll miss Cabin Fever also this year.

The thing is, I (Terry) won a neat CD ball cap at the last Cabin Fever. Loved it!

So, to my chagrin, I lost it on a very windy day this fall while walking out on our pier. The swift current carried it off before a rescue mission could be mounted. Some wind is welcome, some isn't.

So, I guess I'll have to wait until next year to try to win another. Jennifer also won a hat, a nice ping CD wool cap that she gets good use out of here in Canada.

Anyhow, y'all have a great time at this fine annual event! Again, thanks to Cathy, Jim and the others for working to make it a great tradition among the CD set.

Jenn and Terry
Jennifer & Terry McAdams
Kearsarge, New Hampshire
Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
CD 31 #33 "Glissade"
Way too many other small boats
Bob Lascelles

Post by Bob Lascelles »

Hi Terry,
Sorry to hear about losing your hat and also that you and Jen will not be able to join us this year at the CF Lunch. Sandy in the Chandlery is making us up some great CD gear for the raffle and we have a really interesting speaker lined up. The good news is the CF Lunch & raffle has become an annual tradition, so there’s always next year to win a new chapeau! :)
Fair winds in your travels!
Bob
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Cathy Monaghan

Re: Captcha Code

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

This is a reminder regarding our online registration forms.

As with all online forms that use "captcha" technology, you must type the characters that appear in the reCAPTCHA box before clicking on the form's "Submit Query" button. You only get ONE chance to get the character string correct. If you make a mistake or can't read the characters you can click on the "Get a new challenge" button for a new set of characters and try again.

-Cathy Monaghan
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Just four weeks to go. Hope to see lots of old friends and new acquaintances! :D
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Bob Lascelles

Post by Bob Lascelles »

That’s right Jim, only four weeks to go. Get those reservations in! Newick’s Great seafood, Good conversation, CD goodies & a CD raffle. It’ll be a lots of fun. No registration fee, open to all boaters interested in Cape Dorys. Our guest speaker this year is Nick Patey. Nick is senior instructor for Marine Systems at the Landing School in Arundel , ME where many great marine professionals are trained. Nick will be talking about DIYer projects getting boat DC electrical systems in shape for the season. Hope to see you there! :D

Online registration can be found under the Fleet icon, NE Fleet, follow the Events link.

Fair winds
Bob and Susan
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME
Bob Lascelles

Post by Bob Lascelles »

Only Three Weeks to the Cabin Fever Lunch!....& A Great Super Bowl Game in between....Go Pats!.......Good New England seafood at Newick's Lobster House, good conversation with fellow CD'ers, a Raffle of Chandlery goodies, commemorative mug (Jim Walsh knows the boat of the year!) We'll have a presentation by Nick Patey, the head of the Landing School's Marine Systems Department about getting our DC electrical systems in shape. What more can be said? It'll be GREAT!!. Get your reservations in early, so we have a head count for Newick's wait staff! (Now Cathy Monaghan will be proud of me) Here's a link to register! = Cabin Fever Registration Form

See you at Newick's Saturday Feb 24 at 1200H......Don't forget if you have friends interested in Cape Dorys, bring them along!

Fair Winds

Bob & Susan
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME
Doug Jesseman

Post by Doug Jesseman »

Hey Bob, Thanks for all of your efforts for sponsoring the Cabin Fever meeting. It will be great to see all of our Cape Dory friends again. Can't wait to see what the" Cape Dory coffee cup" of the year is. See you all soon.
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Woo hoo :!: Only eight days till the CABIN FEVER LUNCHEON :!:
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore

CD31 ORION

Bob Lascelles

Post by Bob Lascelles »

The Annual Cabin Fever Lunch is Saturday!. The weather looks good (mid-40s ish). Keep those fingers crossed....and there’s still plenty of time to sign up. Follow the links in the above posts to the sign-in. Susan says all Luncheon attendees are invited back to our house in York (about 12 miles from Newicks for snacks & refreshments afterwards.

Hope to see you at the CF Lunch, it’ll be a great time :D

Bob & Susan
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Can't wait to attend! Just a few days to go.... :D
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore

CD31 ORION

Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Post by Joe Myerson »

As they used to say in weekly newspapers, when those existed:

"A good time was had by all!"

Thanks to everybody who organized this successful event, and to the fascinating speaker. I can see that I've got a lot of rewiring to do!

Sorry, Bob, that I couldn't attend your gathering after the lunch ... but at least that meant I didn't dent anybody's car this time.

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
BHalley

Post by BHalley »

It was great to see a good turnout last Saturday. I enjoyed the interesting talk on safe DC wiring by Nick Patey from the Landing School (I need to buy a new crimping tool). Bob presented the preliminary 2018 Les Hyde CDSOA NE Fleet Maine Cruise itinerary. I'm attaching a few photos that I took at the meeting.
Bruce
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BHalley

Post by BHalley »

Thanks also to Bob and Susan Lascelles for hosting the meeting and the get-together afterwards.