ANNUAL MEETING REGISTRATION FORM IS POSTED for Sept. 16

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

ANNUAL MEETING REGISTRATION FORM IS POSTED for Sept. 16

Post by Joe Myerson »

NOW HEAR THIS!!!
The registration form for this year's Annual Meeting, hosted by the Northeast Fleet, has now been posted. The Sept. 16 event will take place in the scenic, historic and downright yar locale of Mystic, Connecticut. The event, somewhat streamlined this year, will feature a tasty barbecue, a thirs- quenching cash bar, with plenty of black rum and ginger beer, a General Membership Meeting and a talk by CDSOA member Lisa Goodwin about sailing aboard tall ships. What could be more appropriate for the home town of the Mystic Seaport?

Joe Myerson
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: ANNUAL MEETING REGISTRATION FORM IS POSTED for Sept. 16

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Click on the link below for details including the registration form:
http://www.capedory.org/fleetevents/201 ... GenMtg.pdf
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Post by Oswego John »

Jim Walsh (and committee)

I just finished reading the attendance application for this years Annual CD Meeting held in Mystic, Connecticut. I want to compliment you on the compilation and thorough detail involved in preparing this application.

Well done, Jim

The best,
OJ
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Annual Meeting Speaker List Goodwin

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Our speaker for this year's Annual General Membership Meeting will be Northeast Fleet member and CD30 owner Lisa Goodwin.

Tall Ship Sailing at Any Age

How she got involved in sailing tall ships later in life and how you can too. A short slide show will cover many of the tall ships she has sailed and worked on, as well as pictures from her two voyages around the infamous Cape Horn on a 185 ft square rigger.

Short Bio:

Lisa Goodwin retired young from the business of interior design to pursue more adventurous endeavors. This included her love of blue water sailing. Since just 2009 she has logged over 60,000 nm with many of these being on tall ships. In 2014 she flew to Hoorne , Netherlands to join her Bark EUROPA crewmates to be inducted into the Cape Horner's Society after their 2013 qualifying voyage of over 3,000 nm, nonstop, from Auckland, NZ, around Cape Horn to Port Stanley, Falkland Islands using no engine. Last fall Lisa became the proud owner of a Cape Dory 30 cutter - hull #194, which she keeps in East Greenwich, RI. She also holds a USCG 100 ton Masters.
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Commodore and all:

I hope to someday be able to attend one of these annual meetings so that I can visit again with good friends from the 2007 Maine adventure and make new Cape Dory friends.

Unfortunately, as I posted in another thread, September is the height of hurricane season. I explained that I had to remain home to take care of my beloved S/V Bali Ha'i as best I could and, of course, my home.

While disappointing I am relieved I made the decision I made. Next weekend, 16 September, I, along with hundreds of thousands of others, will be recovering from Hurricane Irma.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Carl Thunberg

Bringing our Boat Home

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Sorry I'll miss you guys. It's a coincidence of bad timing. The Piscataqua River will be closed in a couple weeks due to bridge construction. Either I bring the boat home to Portsmouth, NH this weekend, or I leave it in Maine. I like having the boat close to home, so I can work on it. Have a great time!
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Cathy Monaghan

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Though we were a small group this year, we enjoyed seeing and talking to those that attended the meeting in Mystic. Lisa Goodwin's presentation about her experiences sailing aboard "tall ships" as crew was great. I think it was probably one of the best presentations that we've had thus far.

Thanks to Jim Walsh for putting it all together.

-Cathy Monaghan
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Cathy,

I sure wish that I could have been there. Did Bruce or anyone else take pictures? Hopefully, we could be treated to seeing them. Would it be asking too much to add names to the smiling faces?

Everyone enjoy the beautiful weather that a lot of us are having recently. For the others, remember Annies song, "The sun will come out tomorrow". Hang in there.

Best wishes,
O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Thanks Cathy, I appreciate the compliment but it was the whole team that made it a success. :D
The hall was very nice, the food was great, Lisa's presentation was very interesting, and the Dark and Stormy's flowed freely.
The highlight for me was the members and guests who were able to attend. It was nice renewing old friendships and making new friends. Truly, a great time was had by all.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time