Ty weekender - Gloucester MA - $6K

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
swparis85

Ty weekender - Gloucester MA - $6K

Post by swparis85 »

not my listing, just saw it during my nightly browse on yachtworld and thought it deserved a crosspost here:
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1974/Ca ... ted-States
gorgeous brightwork on this one. look at that hatch! yowza
a sailor's joys are as simple as a child's
Ben Miller

Re: Ty weekender - Gloucester MA - $6K

Post by Ben Miller »

The modifications people make to their Typhoons always interest me. This one, for example, has had the cabintop jib fairleads, tracks, and cleats removed, and the genoa tracks shifted well forward on the toe rail. I guess they don't have (or plan to have) a large headsail? It also looks like they changed up the halyard cleating situation by adding a deck organizer and putting both cleats on the starboard side, and they added a mainsheet traveler.
Steven_Shore

Post by Steven_Shore »

I''ve seen mainsheet travelers before but that genny track is in an interesting place. Beautiful finish all around.
Endlesssummer

Post by Endlesssummer »

According to listing this one is sold
Farmer Wayne

Post by Farmer Wayne »

I have a 1974 Typhoon and the Genoa track is in the same place? This is the first time I have ever seen this setup other than on mine. The boat came with a 150 Genny and when I do club racing the boat point just as well as the rest and the speed is equally as fast in all weather conditions. Go figure????

Farmer Wayne